BOBBLE-HEADS!

by Mad 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad
    Mad

Most of you know I'm a JW; I irritate you enough defending the Truth as I know it- yet I ADMIT a lot of the foolishness that sometimes rears its ugly head with my brotherhood...Today it was the Circuit Overseer! Wonderful man; very caring, very encouraging, very zealous! All this disappeared as his head bobbed up & down - endlessly- as he read the plain, stereo-typical talks from HQ...If it wasn't for my wife- and the wonderful friends in the congregation, I would've walked out in the first 5 minutes! It's horrible enough to see this at ASSemblies- altho I never go to THEM anymore- but this was a REAL blow to my respect to HQ/GB/'FDS'....Nice to have SOMEONE to vent to!

the Mad JW

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Brother Mad,

This is one of your most insightful and perceptive posts so far.

I look forward to more of them in the future so I hope you stick around.

BB

• Mad
    Mad

Well, THANK you, BB....I hope!

Mad

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As far as I know, CO's are given outlines for their public talks, not manuscripts like many DC talks.
    Your CO probably worked it up as a manuscript. Is he older, or not a comfortable speaker?

Tell us more about why you don't go to assemblies, and why you recognize problems with
    "God's representatives" and you disobey their directives to go to those gatherings and disobey
    their clear directive to avoid websites like this, yet you defend them. What, specifically, is the
    doctrinal truth that you believe they have? What is their problem, that you feel free to disobey?

• Kudra
    Kudra

Brother Mad-

could you please tell us:

1. What you agree with the WTS about.

2. What you disagree with the WTS about.

-K

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I would've walked out in the first 5 minutes!

You're making fine progress MAD. I don't wish to scare you but that was me 2 to 3 years ago. Now look at me- A FULL-BLOWN APOSTATE! LOL!

Nvr

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you walked out mad,you would be marked I think.... If you want to keep your family remember >gotta toe the line......Talk about independent thinking, Gotta check your brains at the door....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good news indeed, Mad.

As you know, I love you brother.

Jeff

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Lol! It's surprising what can irritate you when you're effectively a 'captive audience'

The last speaker to cause me that much annoyance (not in a kh) was one who hadn't prepared any notes for his talk. What he spoke about was really interesting - but he said '..erm' almost every other word - totally put me off

Good to have you posting here too, Mad - annoying or no

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Mad,

You don't irritate me at all, I'm glad to see you here.

If it wasn't for my wife- and the wonderful friends in the congregation, I would've walked out in the first 5 minutes! It's horrible enough to see this at ASSemblies- altho I never go to THEM anymore- but this was a REAL blow to my respect to HQ/GB/'FDS'..

You have obviously made fine progress since you started attending meetings at JWD. Who knows, one day you might walk out of the kingdom hall and never return, like most of us did.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit