Your world view as a JW and what it is now

by Axeman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Axeman
    Axeman

I have a friend that has left the Witnesses but the mindset is still in his head. It affects the way he views life and his future the years he has left.Like the world is so bad he can't find a place for himself in it a future to invest in. He is thinking of going back to them they offer the only solution that he can relate to wipe it out ( harmageddon ) and start again Its like he needs reprogramming to enjoy life

• dawg
    dawg

He needs reprogramming alright... just remind him that they are men that's all; remind him of all the false predictions, the mansions built to returing prophets and the like, and remind him how free he can be to search for God in his own way.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

Absolutely, this is not an easy task either (reprogramming). and it won't necessarily be a quick one either. A lot of reminding needs to be done as was mentioned and a lot of support. what worked for me was total bombardment with the information and when I felt I couldn't take anymore the person bombarding me just pushed harder. this may not be necesary in your friends case but keep it in mind just in case. Good luck

• Mystla
    Mystla

If you can.. point him to the internet and sites like this one, reprogramming your brain with out the insite of those who have been through it is a looong struggle. He can get a lot of help here or on other sites.

Misty

• Axeman
    Axeman
    He needs reprogramming alright...

Yes Dawg But his reprogramming is not so easy ( is it ever ) when you consider the heavy investment he made when his teenage daughter died refusing blood http://www.ajwrb.org/victims/moreIOANNIDES.html

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My world view is I'm here until I die. I fight to be optomistic. The world sucks. If it didnt we would all fall off.

I try not to read the news too much. It is usually negative. If my cirucumstances are good the world is good. If my circumstances are bad the world is bad.

It seems like all I do is eat, sleep and work. So I guess thats my world view. At 54, I think I have found a rutt that I cant get out of.

As a Jehober, I graduted school in 72 and then the world was going to end in 75 but then the magazine company cancelled the end of the world and now I'm stilll here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit