WHO ELSE IS GOING TO THE MEMORIAL THIS YEAR???

by Mary 87 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Think I could take my own bottle of wine???

MMmmmm.....nope, still wouldn't go!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Mary: LOL Brilliant.....and so true...

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'm going. I think I'd be more obvious if I stay away than if I go.

But I'm going to tell my husband that I want to leave immediately afterwords. No stupid chit chat before either. I'm not in the mood for love bombing.

Grrr.

GGG

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

I went to one in my life, and I have to say it was definately one to many. What a sham!

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Why do I think it would be fun to have a group of ten or so attend and partake???? Imagine the looks if ten men and women partook one right after the other. Or is that like the "unforgiveable sin"?

Rember the day AFTER the Memorial everyone will be asking, "How many attended your Hall? How many partook?"

brzfst

• Highlander
    Highlander

The wife will go. I won't.

• PEC
    PEC

Why do I think it would be fun to have a group of ten or so attend and partake???? Imagine the looks if ten men and women partook one right after the other. Or is that like the "unforgiveable sin"?

Bring your a bottle or three and you could re-fill as you go.

• geevee
    geevee

I am not going, didnt go last year, felt like a leper the year before that, and we were still attending, although i had stopped being an elder. Oh and the year before that? I conducted it!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I have to keep up appearances so I'll be there. :-(

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

A big plus in being disfellowshipped and treated with a full-on dose of true Christian love being ignored by once-upon-a-time friends and family....I never have to go to a Memorial again. Not one invite has made its way to my door...live in gated community right across the street from a KH. I am waiting for a guilt call from one of my nieces (ages 6 & 11) as my family uses them to relay their expectations of me..."Auntie Freegirl when are you coming back to the hall", "Auntie Freegirl we are sad because you are going to be destroyed", "Auntie Freegirl don't you love Jehovah and us anymore?". Nothing like screwing up another generation of young minds.

It will feel strange not attending as this is the first one I have missed ever, but just can't summon enough interest in the Borg and its crap to go and if no one is going to speak with me...well, no point in putting the energy into being a warm body in such a cold place. I think I will just go out and have some drinks with friends and enjoy the full moon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit