District Convention(DC) typical of Temple Money Changers(TMC)

by bobld 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

W/O going into all the history.DC/TMC are all about money.TMC(Priests) didn't care how poor the people were or how far they had to travel.They knew the people had to offer sacrifices for the atonement of their sins.Also they req'd to buy animals from the TMC.They (TMC) saw an oppportunity to make a ton of money.

WTS(GB/Faithful Slave) select locations for their DC at the lowest price they can get.They don't care how far the R&F have to travel or the cost.Req'd (sacrifice) to attend DC.Also the R&F have to stay at selected WTS Hotels.They WTS see an opportunity to make a ton of money.EX.a few years back instead of having 1DC in VCR,BC as usual(which would of cost the WTS a few dollars more no deal that year) They had 5 DC IN Kamloops,BC over 200 hundred miles away.Approx. 20k R&F had to make that sacrifical trip from VCR to Kamloops.Cost to R&F Est.$2 million.Profit Est. to WTS $200k.

DC rules... Stay at select WTS Hotels(money for WTS),type of food containers, dress,badges.Oh so many rules you better see KM's for a ton of them.I guess that is to keep R&F on their toes or else it will weigh them down.

PS: stay tuned I have some interesting thoughts on this years DC.

Bob

• bobld
    bobld

can't post

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

W/O going into all the history.DC/TMC are all about money.TMC(Priests) didn't care how poor the people were or how far they had to travel.They knew the people had to offer sacrifices for the atonement of their sins.Also they req'd to buy animals from the TMC.They (TMC) saw an oppportunity to make a ton of money.

WTS(GB/Faithful Slave) select locations for their DC at the lowest price they can get.They don't care how far the R&F have to travel or the cost.Req'd (sacrifice) to attend DC.Also the R&F have to stay at selected WTS Hotels.They WTS see an opportunity to make a ton of money.EX.a few years back instead of having 1DC in VCR,BC as usual(which would of cost the WTS a few dollars more no deal that year) They had 5 DC IN Kamloops,BC over 200 hundred miles away.Approx. 20k R&F had to make that sacrifical trip from VCR to Kamloops.Cost to R&F Est.$2 million.Profit Est. to WTS $200k.

DC rules... Stay at select WTS Hotels(money for WTS),type of food containers, dress,badges.Oh so many rules you better see KM's for a ton of them.I guess that is to keep R&F on their toes or else it will weigh them down.

PS: stay tuned I have some interesting thoughts on this years DC.

Bob

I know this to be so. Thanks for bringing up this most interesting topic.

Much respect,

Nvr

• Gill
    Gill

Very intersting topic!

Money is all the WTBTS 'lives' for!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Do you know that the rectangular cardboard collection plates contribution boxes at the district conventions are

strategically placed so as to be slightly "in the way" of delegates, thus capitalizing on the power of suggestion to

enhance profits? I wish I was making this up. Whatever happened to letting people give willingly?

Nvr

• Gill
    Gill

It was always 'strange' that at the announcements at evey single assembly they ALWAYS claimed to not have enough money to pay for the conventions!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It was always 'strange' that at the announcements at evey single assembly they ALWAYS claimed to not have enough money to pay for the conventions!

At the S.A.D., they said the whole thing came to $6k. At the half, they had received $3k. When a deficit of 3k was announced, murmuring and whispers traveled throughout the hall. I, of course, knew what was happening. They had probably covered all the expenses of the convention and were preparing a nice donation to the Society, the remainder of which they now needed.

• Gill
    Gill

SirNose - Of Course! The 'enforced' donation to the Mother Ship!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SirNose - Of Course! The 'enforced' donation to the Mother Ship!

Yup. People were whispering, "Why does this one day cost so much?" "How could this be so expensive?" Well, your Bethel guest wants money! So cough up!

• anewme
    anewme

We were a handicap couple and the DC was soooooo hard to attend! I wanted to skip it each year, but the elder husband in the wheelchair wanted to go saying he was in charge of the afternoon reporting of the talks. (sigh)

(Not that I minded the trouble driving a quadriplegic back and forth and attending to him for three days in uncomfortable surroundings, but the three congregations we associated with assumed we would also take other disabled witnesses back and forth with us) I just about had a stroke when the other quadriplegic choked on a gnat in the back of the van!!!!! Oh my God! Right on the freeway! I have two quads and a para with new back surgery and I have to stop on the side of freeway 50 miles from home to do the heimlich on a 200 lb 6'5" high quadriplegic brother!!!!

Needless to say even seeing the words District Convention makes me shudder!

The poor and the elderly and the disabled sacrificed plenty to get to those conventions......for what????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit