The "preaching work" is just laughable!

by cookiemaster 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    The "preaching work" they're so eager to brag about is just laughable. They say their number is an indication of God's blessing. Oh, please, give me a break! How many members do they currently have? A little over 8 million? I could name at least 20 religions of the top of my head that have way, way more members, without even trying to attract a membership. Certainly not like them. The "preaching work" JWs do is stupid and inefficient. It keeps them busy but doesn't do much else. And while they like to brag about the percentage growth in new members, let's not forget that the planet has a hell of a lot more people than it used to. So, they might rejoice about spending trillions of hours in service over the course of a decade and gaining a couple millions of new members, but that's less than a drop in the ocean on a worldwide scale.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

The "preaching work" JWs do is stupid and inefficient. It keeps them busy but doesn't do much else.

Totally agree. And even if somehow somebody made them become more efficient (not riding around crammed in minivans, etc.), they'd still be clueless and wouldn't be able to stand their ground against anybody who knows even a little about the Bible. They can't explain their own doctrine and don't know their own history.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't forget that about half the world's population (China, India, Muslim nations) have never even seen a JW, nor heard of JWs, nor even have much of an idea of what exactly Christianity is or is supposed to be.

I've said this a bunch of times - if "Jehovah" really existed, and if he really had entrusted JWs to engage in a "worldwide preaching work" to "advertise the king and his kingdom", he'd fly into a rage an destroy the lot of them for the utterly piss-poor job they are making of it.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    They've gotten expert at beating their chests over the little progress they do make though!
  • steve2
    steve2

Quite apart from its being laughable, the organization's very own track record inspires no confidence. Given how near the end has been for nearly 140 years, the little-boy-who-cried-wolf syndrome smothers their work.

If people doubt the urgency of the JW message, the evidence supports the doubt.

My maternal and paternal grandparents were baptized in the 1920s and 30s respectively. They are all long dead. Their children - among them, my own JW parents - are dying off, with ages ranging from the mid-70s to mid-80s. All were raised to believe the end is just round the corner.

And we third-generation lot are moving into our 50s and 60s.

Yes, doubt can at times be premature and foolhardy. But when doubt is based on a very long human history of hair-trigger urgency, it ain't premature and it certainly is not foolhardy.

Wasted, wasted lives spent waiting for a corner than never comes. Laughable - and kind of pitiful too.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The JW's preaching work is not only laughable....but asinine, comical, hilarious, ineffective, fruitless and worthless!:)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    The "preaching work" is just laughable - I agree. Nowadays it seems to consist of either silently manning a JW cart in a town centre or maybe going on RVs in rural territory. What happened to the Fred Franz wannabes, the sort that would volunteer to knock on the local vicarage?
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The line of reasoning I used to buy into said that God extended Armageddon to provide more time for people to "learn the truth." That's what the preaching work was all about: God's love.

Eventually I realized that the passage of time was just increasing the number of people God would have to kill since only a tiny fraction of the world will ever become Witnesses. The growth in the number of non-Witnesss far exceeds the growth in the number of Witnesses.

The more loving thing would have been to bring Armageddon decades ago when the number of non-Witnesses was hundreds of millions less than it is today.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"The "preaching work" JWs do is stupid and inefficient."

Let's hope it stays that way.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One of the most laughable (and pathetic) things about the preaching work is the ones that stand in the subway station like a statue holding up the magazines. Yet I'm sure they're so glad to get their time in !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit