My mom took my son to KH after I told her not to

by unbeliever 100 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

good girl. stand your ground with your life and your children.

lisa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Fantastic update. Keep that guard up.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

A promise from a JW of not trying to expose a minor relative child to their religious filth is worth about as much as a $3 bill. All you can look forward to, now, is for her indoctrinating sessions to go underground.

Yes, when she's all alone with the kid and nobody's around, she'll pullout that bible teach book and go to work and unless you have a very open communications channel with your kid, the results will surface when you least expect it.

• KW13
    KW13

I'd feel the same if my mum did that with my son, to give your hubby a real induction why not take him and you to one day at the convention? just let him see it for what it is in all its full glory, i bet he wont last half the day given the chance to go home.

To put it bluntly, your mother has no chance in court.

• JK666
    JK666

I agree with 95 on this one. A leopard does not change its's spots. She will lie about it and do what she wants.

Theocratic warfare strategy, ya know.

JK

• unique1
    unique1

If I were you I would tell him "If you want to give him to her on a meeting night then I ask that you go with her. I realize she probably just wants to show him off, but I don't think that place is a good environment for him."

• moshe
    moshe

That is good news, but even a rattlesnake that promises not to bite you can have a memory lapse. Keep one eye peeled for the "ol JW theocratic warfare doublecross.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Slow down little tiger! Don't let it break up your marriage. I don't think it was a big deal either. Certainly not a cause for cutting your mother off or breaking your marriage up. Just make sure it doesn't happen again and you are cool. No harm done. Like you said, the child is too young to be brainwashed. Chill out. Hold your ground, but chill out.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Contact will still be supervised. I know I have to keep my guard up. She just has to realize she cannot undermine me where my son is concerned.

Shawn,

We are not married but still together. It did not break us up.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I have a bad habit of posting before I read the whole thread, so I take back what I wrote. You were right on the money the whole time! I'm glad you held your ground!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit