JW told us: Actually only 800 Annointed left!!

by Lady Liberty 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Just recieved a e-mail from a active JW friend. She said this:

My mom was talking to a friend from Bethal and they were talking about the number of the 144,000 that are left (..... and I talked briefly about this) and how they feel that there are actually less then 800 And remember .....I said there had been a talk or something on it? Well I guess it was a WT article that we studied (Well I knew I had heard it somewhere!) that actually encouraged those who say they are of the 144,000 to really pray about whether they actually were

Well I guess in view of the ever stagnet headcount of partakers each year, they have to come up with something somewhere along the line to "speed things up"!! I told her I thought it wasn't up to anyone to judge a partaker, and that was a serious matter. Sincerely, Lady Liberty
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

If that is the case, they should announce at the Memorial this year that if a person partakes of the emblems, there is less than a 10% chance that they are the real thing.

Rub a Dub

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

How many partakers are there last year?

• blondie
    blondie

8,758 (2006) 234 more than in 2005

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks Blondie! 8758 partakers, and only 800 are legit... Hmmmmm....

So I guess that means 10 out of 11 Bethel heavies are phonies!*

I knew it! I knew it!

*of course, that "insight" applies to the anointed in Podunk, not the anointed in Brooklyn, right?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Any "extra" annointed will be part of the 'ebil slave" - u heard it hear 1st

WAC - Aposta WriTer

• blondie
    blondie

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 18 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

*** w97 8/15 p. 15 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***

The number ofgenuine anointed sons of God surviving on earth is greatly diminished.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Genuine??? Like GENUINE Microsoft Windows Software???
    Yeah. It's time the GB VALIDATE the "Annointed"

The Annointed Genuine Advantage...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had thought that starting with the Memorial, they would really crack down on
    partaking, and try to get those numbers down. With the May 1st, WT article
    saying that they can't judge these people, and being anointed is not something
    special, I still feel they are going to crack down.

From your post, it sounds like they are going to cover all sides (as usual).
    They will officially recognize that people might be anointed. They will
    unofficially scoff at the idea that over 8000 people partook, saying that there
    are a dwindling number of genuine anointed (as Blondie pointed out) but
    "we aren't able to judge them, wink wink."

It will be clearer as this year goes on. The memorial, the conventions, and any
    "new light" they care to shed other ways will start dribbling out more on this.
    We'll probably get conflicting information until they reach their goals.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I too have been told something similar.

An elder told me that the number was nearer 700.

???????????????????????????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit