Did the JWs conceal crucial info before your baptism

by greendawn 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marcel
    Marcel

i was raised in the truth and knew everything i needed to know.
    the only problem was: i was 14 when i got baptized.

this were my thoughts when i was 14:

- df'ing is righteous and loving
    - being part of JW is completely voluntary (i really believed that even i knew what the penalty for it)
    - my teenie-doubts about some parts of the genuity of the bible and the creation are caused by my bad knowledge
    - it IS the truth
    - my struggle with self-touching was caused by my imperfection and satan
    - paranormal activity (which i never experienced in person) is the final proof that the jw are right

things i missed because of my age:

- what is sex? (i knew what it is... in theory)
    - the possibility that humans can lie... even if my parents trust them for no reason.
    - 1001 things i was too young for thinking about because of my limited experience

marcel

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

I didn't know about not being allowed to watch R rated movies. If I had known this, I might've questioned... Wait a second, I was 10 years old, I wouldn't have questioned shit!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Rather than whining and bitching about my moustache for the 20 years I was a JW, they should have told me they didn't like it before I was baptized. I would have discontinued the study and we all would have been much happier.

On a more serious note, if I was aware that I could not record judicial proceedings or have a witness present I would never have joined the cult. It never became an issue, as I was never in a JC, but I would never have joined any organization knowing they had such a policy.

W

• misocup
    misocup

Here's what I knew about it before my baptism:

You don't celebrate xmas or birthdays or anything
    The only people you can hang out with are perverted children of elders
    You don't eat or take blood
    Dinosaur bones were either put there by Satan, or the earth and all it's life and history happened in the last 49,000 years
    The outside world is far worse than inside the org (that's a really scary thought!)
    If I don't get baptised and stay in I will loose my family (in the end I did anyway)
    There is NO wrongdoing in the congregation and it would NEVER be covered up

I was raised around it, I guess I didn't pay much attention

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Jehovah's Witneses do go after your family and will hold them hostage and are blasphemous Bible thumping 'wolves in sheep's clothing'.-Danny Haszard

They are worse than 'wolves in sheep's clothing'... that's why I steer clear of them.

BTW, yes the JW's concealed all kinds of crucial information from me before I got dunked into their Spirit-directed organization... the main one being who the spirits are that direct this cult from hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit