Walter Salter's Letter 4 Newbies

by Farkel 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hi Norm,

Thank you for your excellent articles and research concerning W.F. Salter. They really shed a much broader light on the whole manner.

Perhaps you felt that I was a "doubter" concerning the letter. Actually, I have no reason to doubt its authenticity. You have no idea the impact of this letter on me. It has reminded me of just how corrupt the Society is from the inside out.

You must understand that I, like everyone else, have spent a lifetime accepting "stuff" from the bORG without question. I don't do that anymore. I would like to see the original letter. This letter is an important piece of evidence against Rutherford, as well as the Society.

Do you know where I can find the orignal letter?

Thanks,

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thanks, Norm!

I just KNEW you would follow-up with that classic article on Da Judge vilifying Salter! I have an old faded copy of it somewhere, but now I'll clip it and save it on my hard drive.

Fred Hall,

: Like you, that letter is full of shit.

Yes, that letter is full of shit. Rutherford did a who BUNCH of evil shit.

FreePeace,

I'm also glad that Norm responded with his classic commentary. Remember that Salter's letter was never reproduced in any WTS publication, because to do so would raise too many questions. Instead, Da Judge just screamed "lies, lies, lies!" from the sidelines. If that isn't typical WTS behavior, then I'm a nun.

Salter made copies of his letters and distributed them around, so anything that would be extant would be a copy of the original. However, if you can get your hands on the 1937 WT, pages 141, 159, 160, you would be able to see just how much damage that letter caused Rutherford.

I'm wondering if that letter in its entirety was reproduced in the Walsh trial. Does anyone have a copy of that 1,900 page trial? I know a copy can be easily obtained, I just haven't procured one yet.

Also, M. James Penton quotes a few of the more salient items from that letter in his book "Apocalypse Delayed." Perhaps he might have a copy. I know that AlanF knows him personally and if you want, perhaps Penton can be contacted to see if he can produce a photo-copy of the letter.

I have never seen ANY JW apologist dispute a single word of the letter as it has been reproduced many, many times on the net. That alone is a pretty darn good vouchsafe for its authenticity.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Norm
    Norm

Hi there FreePeace,

You said:

You must understand that I, like everyone else, have spent a lifetime accepting "stuff" from the bORG without question. I don't do that anymore. I would like to see the original letter. This letter is an important piece of evidence against Rutherford, as well as the Society.

I do understand it very well and I do not mind you being sceptic. I have seen a copy of the original letter myself. How to get to the actual original I have no idea. Maybe Alan can shed a light on that.

If you noticed these lines from the Watchtower in my post above:

A. G. Cameron, former company servant and friend of Salter, raised his voice in favor of the latter, stating amongst his remarks, “I know the article in question; I have read it, and read it carefully. It is true that Brother Salter has challenged Brother Rutheford to answer it point by point, and I now challenge you, Brother Chapman, to answer it point by point and deal with it faithfully, because I firmly believe that the church has arrived at the crossroads. Up to this day we have all followed men, blind leaders of the blind and all making to the ditch. It cannot be denied that as an organization we have been mistaken in the past many times, and it cannot be denied that we are mistaken now

You will notice that Mr. Cameron was clearly refering to the very valid points about the dealings of Rutherford brought up by Salter in his letter.

Take care,

Norm

• michael00
    michael00

Hi! how can I find more information about that in russian language ?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

And any more leads on finding a photostat of the original letter?

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Wow!

Here is a man that saw the light so long ago!!

The Roman Catholic Church is doing a great work but in the name of the Roman Catholic Church. Likewise the Protestant systems are doing a great work in their names, and the Salvation Army is doing a great work in its name, but the Society is doing it in His most holy name (Jehovah). "In fact, Lord, we're so busy with works we have hardly time to open our Bibles, let alone study them. You see, Lord we have our YEAR BOOK to study now and that tells of our wonderful works, and our PRESIDENT, too, is very busy writing books. And oh, Lord, he is so courageous and his faith in Thee so great that he gets behind four walls, or surrounds himself literally with an armed bodyguard, and bellows away his dreams (Jeremiah 23:31,82) [sic] and sends us out from door to door to face the enemy while he goes from 'drink to drink,' and tells us if we don't we are going to be destroyed. But don't misunderstand us Lord, we don't do it from fear or for reward, but because of our great love for you, and therefore will not be disappointed if we get no reward, but our hope is we will spared through Armageddon. Our PRESIDENT, Lord, is really a very important man. Of course he says he is not even though he thinks he is, but then that is his modesty, and whatever he says we will do. Now, Lord, is that faithfulness to your or faithfulness to a man? You see, he says he speaks for you and it is not for us to reason why; ours is but to do and die; and 'we love to have it so.' Of course he says when he speaks personally it might not be correct to say he is speaking for you, but when he speaks as PRESIDENT or through the WATCHTOWER or books then you speak; is it not wonderful!"
  • RR
    RR

I have a book salter wrote called "Truth as I see it", perhaps I'll scan it

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    I have a book salter wrote called "Truth as I see it", perhaps I'll scan it

Please do - would love to read it...

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

And the scales continue to fall from my eyes.

Grandma Jones

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was doing some research on Salter's letter about Rutherford (re the Cadillacs) and remembered Farkel put this up a long time ago. What especially interested me about the letter was this part:

Now a word regarding the financial progress of the Society. You inform the friends and the public that the books and booklets are placed with the public at cost - they surely are and more!! You well know that the price to the pioneers until recently covered all costs including all appropriate overhead charges and even now the loss is only slight on some items, while on the other hand the price to the companies and public nets the Society at least 100%! What is this 100% if it is not profit? Poor gullible friends. How they believe everything you tell them!!! Where do they think the millions of dollars invested in buildings, machinery, stock, etc, at Brooklyn, Magdeburg, London, Toronto and other places, to say nothing of your own dwellings, etc, come from if not from profit on the books? You know and I know that the gain the Canadian Office alone during the past few years was a hundred thousand dollars. And at the time I was relieved of my duties there was not only a large sum in the bank as customary but also over $25,000.00 in cash was lying in the Society's vaults at 40 Irwin Avenue and had for years, which could be used for the needs of the President or those whom he might designate in case of an international emergency - and the dear pioneers? Well, of course they could go hungry. Poor gullible friends!! My, were we not blind, and how blind the friends still are! And yet the annual reports tell of our great losses and how it is hoped the Lord will make it up. Well, it is said, "figures don't lie, but liars do figure."

The Society's vaults? They have their own bank vault? If they had $25,000 in cash stashed away back in 1937 how much have they got hidden in there now? We know their financial reports to the government make it look like they are not cash rich.

Anyone know if these vaults still exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit