New invitation campaign for District Convention

by dozy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Expect the follwing pattern from now on. Memorial Tract Distribution District Convention Tract Distribution September AWAKE epecial Distribution October/November Special Tract/Brochure Distribution

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ex-JW's can help. If you live or travel in an area where there are homeless people, get the time and
    address for the Memorial nearest them. Tell them they will be welcome, they can use the toilet there,
    and they will pass some wine around. (They probably won't care about the crackers.)

If we all invite some, it will help their numbers.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Expect the follwing pattern from now on. Memorial Tract Distribution District Convention Tract Distribution September AWAKE epecial Distribution October/November Special Tract/Brochure Distribution

I think you are right Stilla.

As Slim pointed out, such campaigns can lead to an increase in active publishers, and we all know how much the watchtower loves to report what they regard as a positive increase. It probably won't last, the less committed ones will go back to inactivity sooner or later, and it won't bring in a flood of new converts, but at least some of the end of year figures will look slightly better, maybe for a year or two at least.

• xjwms
    xjwms

another "SALES" promo

I am glad that I see that its a big business with promo's for the sales force.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I agree with all the comments. Last year, I would love to know how many additional people attended a DC strictly because of the invite. I'll bet there were maybe a couple of folks but that's it. If they were really serious, they would have some desk set up for those were there because of the flyer and have a JW assigned to show them the flow and even sit beside them. At the convention site I went to, it was crowded, had very poor lighting, the parking lot was a mess and most concerts/sporting events I've been to had much better traffic control. I told my wife that if I were a person who showed up from the invite, I would have left after not being able to find a decent seat and being told by an attendent that I had to go back to my seat even though I had a 15 month old who was sick of sitting (not that I blamed him, I felt the same way).

Clearly, the only objective here is to get the active publisher number up and to keep the rank and file busy. If they really wanted to advertise the convention, they would take out TV & radio ads and maybe a full page newspaper ad. Instead, they go the most inefficient route they could possibly take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit