Please Welcome me

by Sofia Lose 57 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Hoser, I'm thinking at least 1/4.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome!

I'm with Hoser: I really wonder how many of us there really are out there who know it is bs but are stuck in for family.

I understand "fading" to keep in good graces with family, but I don't think I could "fake it" anymore and go through all the BS routine of pretending to be a JDub. We're fortunate that all of the family that is still "in" consider us "weak" and "stumbled".

Doc

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I'm sorry, I don't know if I started out wrong....but do we have to introduce ourselves before we can comment here? Cuz I never did!! I don't want to give personal details and I feel like I have to if I introduce myself. Anyway, Sofia, good for you for having your own mind!

I was of the same mind as you for a long time, thought I could just go through the motions and be ok pretending. Then I started reading the New Testament and basically fell in love with Christ and couldn't worship falsely anymore. Had to get out. It was long and trying and I miss my family but freedom to worship and be who I really am was and is worth it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome. I don't know how you do it. I can't drive by a KH without my skin crawling.

This is a great place to vent.

• steve2
    steve2

I love people who have lurked and come up periodically for air. You sound like a very likable person. Welcome.

• cofty
    cofty
    Hi Sofia, welcome!
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Welcome! I too am stuck with this religion for many of the same reasons as you. It's liberating to know TTAT but it would be better to be out. Sometimes that's just not an option. I wish you the best.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Welcome. Enjoy letting go of fear, obligation, and guilt here.

FMF

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Hi Sofia. Looking forward to hearing your ideas. We could do with a few more women around here.
  • minimus
    minimus
    Hi there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit