Payback! This time it's for real!

by Swan 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Swan
    Swan

Hi folks. Haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to tell you how my bad Karma caught up to me this weekend. I was sleeping in on Saturday morning after a bad bout of insomnia. There was a knock on the door that woke me up. Payback for all the mornings I got other groggy householders up out of bed.

Through the peephole I could see two suits. JWs. An Older Elder Type and a Younger Elder Type.

I wondered, "Now what are they doing here?" I am supposed to be on their do not call list, but I find that doesn't always work. Is that why they sent men this time?

I opened the door and Young Elder Type starts in on his presentation and pulls a tract out of his Bible.

"Jehovah's Witnesses?" I ask.

"Yes," he answers.

"I should be on your do not call list. I disassociated myself about 10 to 15 years ago." Thud. There it was. Just like that.

Young Elder Type recovers rather quickly (almost as if he was expecting it). "And do you still feel that way?"

"Definitely!" I enunciated. "Even more so."

"Well I'm sorry you had a bad experience."

"I'm sorry too." I replied. It was only after I shut the door I thought maybe I should have said, "Well, I'm sorry you took away my entire family." Darn!

Instead, Young Elder Type finished up by saying, "Well, we'll respect your wishes then."

"Thank you."

That was it. I didn't recognize either of them. I'm sure even if I did they wouldn't recognize me. I worked real hard to be a nobody when I moved to that congregation. I was already on my way out. It was still a big thing to them when I left, though, because my family was very well known in the area. I guess notoriety only lasts so long. But now I'm back on the list.

Tammy

• carla
    carla

I don't know how it goes if you da'd but if you send a letter to NY it is only good for one year. Their reasoning is you may have a change of heart in that time or someone new may have moved in. You really have to spell it out to them, NO TRESPASSING, even then they still often ignore it. Need a no jw sticker? I could send you one or make one of your own that looks like a no smoking sign.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"I should be on your do not call list. I disassociated myself about 10 to 15 years ago." Thud. There it was. Just like that.

Young Elder Type recovers rather quickly (almost as if he was expecting it). "And do you still feel that way?"

What a stupid response he gave. Of course you still feel that way - you just said so. Maybe he just needed some repitition for emphasis™.

W

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I could have kicked myself in the arse when they came here too. Instead of saying something good, I apologized for being df'd!!!!!!!!! I shut the door, and said, why did you do that you idiot? Im not sorry lol, they should be.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Sounds like their policy to send elders to check up on the do not calls once a year.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

they are bad at record keeping...we always had do our territories over again because of that

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I heard from a jw at work a few weeks ago that the elders may be visiting certain df'd/da'd ones in the area to see if they still feel the same.

They haven't been here as yet though, and I doubt they will bother us. I think they know what the answer will be, so I doubt they'll bother with the question.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

They run when they see me, and I am not kidding,

I have seen people literally stop shopping. leave their carts in the store with their belongings and high step it out, and yet I don't have a harmful bone in my body, would never even think of raising my voice to them yet physically.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

If I can recall well it was once mentioned somewhere that one third of the dubs that leave eventually go back so maybe that is what they are after. The WTS will present it as the lost sheep that desire to return to jehovah's flock and be saved from the soon to be armageddon.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Well I'm sorry you had a bad experience."

This one strikes me as 'odd'... I think if it were me... I would respond with something like...

"Why do you think I had a 'bad' experience? It was the BEST thing that ever happened to me!" *wide grin*

That way... he might get to thinking.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit