Do you Sudoku?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I tried the one in the newspaper the other day and just about solved it. But thought I should start small and work my way up to get a better understanding of how it's played.

So I picked up a Sudoku mag at Target the other day. It's an easy one and I'm really getting the hang of it and enjoying it. I never thought I would like number puzzles, but this is really fun.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They're fun, and there a few variations that really get the mind going

• DannyBloem
  • free2think
    free2think

I have tried it a few times, usually I like to let someone else start it off and then I fill in the rest. I know i'm cheating but I get bored when it takes too long.

I think there are a few internet sites aswell that you can try. They time how long it takes you and tell you how you did in comparison to other people.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

LT: I have seen one variation and that looked pretty interesting as well.

Danny: Thank you for that, I just printed it out! I'll have to check out that site.

Free2think: Lol. Hey, at least you can admit it. I'll have to look for a site like you have described. I'm just starting out so I am sure my time might be fairly low.

• dobbie
    dobbie

agh they are like my worst nightmare!My husband loves doing them but as soon as he tries to explain them to me my brain switches off and i can't take it in!I'm like that with anything to do with numbers, he despairs of me poor thing haha

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hooked, line and sinker! I picked one up when I was on holidays last year, and I haven't put them down since. I downloaded software on my PDA, so I never have to go without.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

addicted I am afraid

• exwitless
    exwitless

I love Sudoku. My son has Brain Age for the Nintendo DS, and it has a ton of Sudoku puzzles in it. I've finished all the basic and intermediate puzzles. I have about 7 advanced ones I need to finish. It is truly addicting.

BTW-Brain Age is a great game to get if you have a Nintendo DS.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

http://i12.tinypic.com/2mdfcsm.jpg

And there's that puzzle solved... Yeah, Brain Age is great, I love it.

And if you don't have a DS, You can download sudoku software and play it whenever:

http://www.sudoku-puzzles.net/download.html

LtCmd.Lore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit