If the bible is from God then explain this!

by Anti-Christ 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

NU 31:17-18 Moses, following the Lord's command, orders the Israelites to kill all the Midianite male children and "... every woman who has known man ...." (Note: How would it be determined which women had known men? One can only speculate.)

DT 21:10-13 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites are allowed to take "beautiful women" from the enemy camp to be their captive wives. If, after sexual relations, the husband has "no delight" in his wife, he can simply let her go.

GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests) Abraham and Moses.
    JG 2:22 God himself says that he does test (tempt).
    1CO 10:13 Paul says that God controls the extent of our temptations.
    JA 1:13 God tests (tempts) no one.

EX 20:5, 34:7, NU 14:18, DT 5:9, IS 14:21-22 Children are to suffer for their parent's sins.
    DT 24:16, EZ 18:19-20 Children are not to suffer for their parent's sins.JS 7:19-26 Achan, his children and his cattle are stoned to death because Achan had taken a taboo thing.2SA 12:1, 19 The Lord strikes David's child dead for the sin that David has committed

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

NU 31:18, 35, JG 21:12 Young virgins are considered a spoil of war and can be taken for the use of the victors.(I forgot this one)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey, welcome to the board.

here's one that will bake your noodle:

if the bible is from god, and god is from you, and you are from your mom, and your mom is from her mom, and her mom is from the garden of eden, then where did god and the bible go? heh....

tetra

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

So, you come here attempting to steal away our beloved murderous tribal god; what do you have to replace it that our meager lives may retain some meaning?.....other than Tetra's riddle, which I am still working on.

j

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Hey Anti-Christ... cool name.

I agree with you 98.712% (The other 1.288% is simply to assert my individuality...)

When you step back and take a fresh look at the bible... you start to worry about the mental condition of those who think it is the epitomé of good morality.

You would probably enjoy this: http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/atrocities.html

It hardly even scratches the surface of the crap you can find in the Bible, but it's exposing nonetheless.

LtCmd.Lore

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

DT 21:10-13 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites are allowed to take "beautiful women" from the enemy camp to be their captive wives. If, after sexual relations, the husband has "no delight" in his wife, he can simply let her go.

So then a horny Israelite can go over to his enemies camp and just graber her and drag her back to where he was living and f*ck*r for 30 days get tired of her and let her go and then go grab another one? Till he's he's had every one in town? Just thinking how some selfserving young man full of testostrone might use the law in his favor.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    So then a horny Israelite can go over to his enemies camp and just graber her and drag her back to where he was living and f*ck*r for 30 days get tired of her and let her go and then go grab another one? Till he's he's had every one in town? Just thinking how some selfserving young man full of testostrone might use the law in his favor.

Yup, there's divine justice for ya... But hey, we're talking about a god who originaly intended for humans to have to commit insest in order to fullfill his command to fill the earth... Twice... because then he did it to Noah's family as well. (So... if you are required to marry your sister, do you wait until your 20 to have sex, or since your married anyway do you start at, say 10?)

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

thanks for the warm welcome, I appreciate your comments and I agree. another web site on atheist and angnostic is the secular web internet infidels.I like to hear a talk explaining all those cool verses. The weirdess thing is I never noticed these verses when I was a active jw. I read an article on a web site of a psychologist. He said that the way the meetings were arange it resembled a hypnotic technique developed by Freud. It's possible, that whould explain a lot.

• Mad
    Mad

Anti- do you want to see if there is a possibility that there is sense in those verses- or are you just wanting to ridicule the Bible for reasons only you would know?

Mad

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Since all religions are structured on human ignorance and understanding, the writings of the bible are a typical proof of that fact, the belief in gods was an element of strength and power

for men and you might say it gave men a sense of security. If you read the bible in its whole you'll find that god was the most leading cause of death and destruction and could hardly be

considered a god of love. You could say the bible is a history book of human ignorance and no its not the word of god, it was in written by imperfect men with the intent to spiritualize

themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit