Am going to be reinstated

by Caine 76 Replies latest jw friends

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

I hope you gain what you think you will gain by going back. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I don't think you will. Real happiness and joy comes from something deeper than the approval of family and friends caught in the same trap as you. Will your depression be allieviated by wearing yourself out in their approved works? The "Law" was a nice system to live under for worship too, huh!? If there is such a thing as Christian and or spiritual freedom and you've found it, don't give it away to a person or group of persons, i.e. the JW's. That freedom along with your mental well being is to precious. Perhaps you could talk to a mental health doctor about your feelings/thoughts in this matter before totally commiting again. You're worth this effort. I wish you well!

• Deleted
    Deleted

Caine,

I hope it goes well enough for you to keep your friends and family, to me that's what would be important. Fortunately I had no JW family and I lost all my friends as their love was purely conditional on me being in 'good standing'. Take each day as it comes and if you feel like slipping away do so. At least you won't be df'd and your family will still talk to you.

Best wishes

Glen

• candel
    candel

I nevered posted anything on here before. But I had to respond to this one. I was severly depressed. I was married to an elder for 24 years. I couldn't take it anymore he was controlling. I was on depression meds, tranquilizer. Nothing was good enough never enough field service, never enough comments at the meetings, I was never doing enough. It was all about show. How it made him look. I left divorced my husband got DF. I got more depressed I lost my family. All my so called friends I had for 20 years. So I got reinstated for my family.They said get reinstated things will be better for me. I did. Nothing changed. My so called friends didn't want to be put in my car group for service. Noone sat or talk to me at the meeting. My 2 older kids still aren't accepting me. My mother did not accept me back. She accepted my ex instead of me. Because he is an elder. and she thinks he is a god. I have given the JW up. I don't want to be anypart of those unloving people. My point is they tell you to get reinstated they will help you come back be happy again. They don't. You are never good enough for them. I think they are jealous of you because for awhile you lived in the world and got to do things they can't. I am 100% Worldly.I am happy. No more drugs to try to help me cope. I am remarried to a wonderful man who loves me for who I am. He has been my family, best friend. He is more a dad to my 15yr old then the elder dad. My daughter is very close to him. there are good (worldly people out there) So advice to you is turn your back on the JW make a life for yourself. Get a job, join Match.com and enjoy being yourself not what your family want you to be. I met some nice men on Match.com. I met my soul mate there. After you are away from the brain washings you realize how crazy the JW are.

• Caine
    Caine

i totally hear you. And I agree with many points you have. I am not expecting people to treat me the same, but its ok because I am not the same. I will go back and I now know that i dont need to condemn myself when i make errors, i have grace, something the tower doesnt teach. I wont beat myself up for errors. But everyone needs something to hold on to, and this is it for me. As far as pleasing others, that is something i will not do. I know there are good worldly people out there...ive met them. As i stated before..ill take my time and figure it all out. Ive got time. Remember if it doesnt work i can always leave...but on my terms.

• juni
    juni

I wish you the very best Caine to find peace of mind. Please stay in touch if you would like.

Peace,

Juni

• Caine
    Caine

i will kepp this post updated

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

So was Caine ever heard from again? How'd it go for him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit