What do you think is behind the watchtower change in 2008 ?

by 5go 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Thanks Sue. Money may be behind the first round but I think they are really trying to filter out the leaks thereby controlling the masses. Again, is this change ONLY in the US? Or is it across the board? I think those are things you have to look - they need far more control here but less in some other places. sammieswife.

• onacruse
    onacruse

ozzie, perhaps you missed my query, but considering that you've posted back to this thread, I ask you to provide the information I requested:

OK then, let me ask:

What was the total printing of the Watchtower and Awake last year?

What were the total magazines reported as placed last year?

This is an honest question...I have no idea what the numbers are, and they may (or may not) put the lie to what I suggested earlier in this thread.

• done4good
    done4good

Bottom line: Cost Cutting, period.

If they can somehow use the new format to manipulate the r&f, than that's gravy.

j

• Quandry
    Quandry

He said there's no direction on that "at this time." He suggested that if I consistently attended meetings, I should have no problem continuing to receive either issue of the Watchtower, and I should be welcome at the study.

But he could not guarantee it.

Well, don't we all feel the love here. So if I decided to go to a meeting, I would have to walk in and sit down, and if they deemed it approved, probably after much whispering in the back among the elders, I might get a WT or I might have to sit there with nothing while they went over the paragraphs and the ones around me felt uncomfortable but were afraid to share an extra magazine with me.

I am not df'd but innactive. Even if I did want to go back, I would not feel welcomed by this type of attitude.

I know it's always the money, but I sure think the smugness of the R and F will go to new heights now. This just proves to them the importance of going to the meetings, so they won't be left out of the WT loop, and also confirms to them that they must smugly avoid the non-consistent meeting attenders as weak and disobedient and undeserving and on their way to being bird food.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

onacruse, hope this helps:

http://au.manferrostaal.com/de/subsidiaries/ippgroupnet/mainmenu/news/press-releases/singleansicht-news/news/681/seven-lithom.html

Publications with multimillion circulations

In future, the new Watchtower LITHOMAN presses will be producing a large propoprtion of the high-circulation publications such as The Watchtower with a circulation of just under 25 million copies in 146 languages and Awake with a momentary circulation of 22 million copies in 86 languages. In addition, the machines are intended for use in the production of bibles or books of biblical exegesis, each in multimillion circulation.

(12.07.06)

—————

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm

"Their primary journal, The Watchtower, has an international circulation of 25,203,000, in 147 languages."

(September 1, 2003)

Placement numbers are certainly fudged from the bottom up so as to be useless.

Please note that Awake circulation is reported as "momentary." Since the public, dumbed-down version of the WT will be so similar to an Awake, it would make good $ sense to merge to them. What we're basically getting (or not getting) will be the Koolaid version WT, an Awake, and a dumbed-down WT that may as well be an Awake anyway.

~Sue

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I think the biggest shift is toward building more and more Kingdom Halls in the areas where there needed. Any cost savings in other areas certainly find productive use in developing lands.

• Zico
    Zico
    I think the biggest shift is toward building more and more Kingdom Halls in the areas where there needed. Any cost savings in other areas certainly find productive use in developing lands.

But Fred, they don't pay for the buildings, the Congregation does.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

this is coming from the mouth of an active JW who still blindly insists that the GB and the FDS are appointed and being directedby Jehovah.

She said, that the reason behind making a Watchtower for the public/ and a Watchtower for the publishers was to keep the more meaty spiritual food that the average householder would not understand anyways (obviously, since who would understand the shyte that is written in the study articles?),

and it is a seperating work, to keep the JW's more and more seperate from the world...and this baptized publisher was EXCITED about the new changes!

can you scream CULT?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Actually for the last several years, there is a Worldwide Kingdom Hall Building Fund for areas that can't afford it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, don't we all feel the love here . So if I decided to go to a meeting, I would have to walk in and sit down, and if they deemed it approved, probably after much whispering in the back among the elders, I might get a WT or I might have to sit there with nothing while they went over the paragraphs and the ones around me felt uncomfortable but were afraid to share an extra magazine with me.

I am picturing this- after much debate, they will decide that only publishers get the magazine. Regular attenders can be given
    a copy of the study article. That means that the local cong. or the publisher will have to make the copy. Local bodies will
    tell publishers that if they made a copy (of the study article), they can count the placement. They will be thrilled and will also
    mark a return visit on their service slip. They will forget the trouble of making personal copies for awhile. They will tell the
    interested visitor that they can receive a study magazine of their own once they start recruiting publishing.

The reason they don't have an answer to all these questions is that they want to see the reactions before they decide.

Of course they are not going to ask visitors to leave a meeting because the "members only" study is starting. They have never
    done any such thing- always asking visitors to attend all 5 meetings.

It will all be explained at the assemblies and conventions this year. Publishers would never miss those important events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit