My Journey-Man Walks On The Moon...I Remain In The Stone Age

by truthsetsonefree 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

nicely written! thanks. i look fwd to more of the story.

tetra

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Its is VERY therapeutic to put this stuff down. I genuinely appreciate the fact that you have read this. Tomorrow I'll post the next bit. It was particularly difficult, yet necessary to flesh out the details contained in it.

tsof

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Wow, interesting story. There is really something about these religious groups that incite people to such extreme measures. I was reading the other day about the branch davidians and I couldn't help but think how the JW's likewise attract unbalanced individuals and cater to somewhat extreme measures. I felt sad about the bethel overseer committing sucide, what a shame. Keep it coming.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

TSOF - keep em coming, you are bringing back so many memories. Maybe one day I'll be able to share and help others the way you are helping me!!

nj

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

TSOF, it is good to open up and express yourself. So many are still not able to do so. You bring back memories, I too was born in Mahattan, ST. Vincents Hospital. Grew up in Greenwich Village and the west side 27th street, between eight and ninth avenues. I remember the witnesses talking to my mom in the fifties and she turned them down. However in 1969 I didn't, 33years later I'm out. Looking forward to rest of your journey.

Blueblades

• LSD123
    LSD123

i feel your pain. i really do. growing up as a witness was has left me feeling like my childhood was taken from me. I HATE THAT STUPID SONGBOOK! although i cant quite help humming some of those funeral songs to myself every once in a while. then i become discusted. btw...very well written

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

"Funeral songs"....I like that description. I know how you feel too. I know almost every one by heart. Curse my freakin' memory. I am trying to replace it by listening to other music every chance that I get, mp3 player, car radio, anyway I can. I'm downloading the lyrics to my favorite songs and practicing them.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit