2008 Changes to the Watchtowers

by Inquisitor 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I presume that the bound volume would still include both the issues from 1st and 15th of the month?

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Hmmm... I vote we get 'em and post 'em (with liberal editorial). Can we count the placements by number of web visitors? LOL....

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been wondering when they were going to do something like this. Articles like the recent stuff about how to treat DF'd kids doesn't play well to the public. I'm sure they will spin this as "streamlining the organization in the time of the end."

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Looks like they are closing up shop and pulling down the shutters for public accesss to their material.

The only way you will be able to know what the WTS really thinks, is to think you're really in the WTS.

Then will come the books, and finally the Dist Assys will be restricted admission. Not that this is a bad thing since we don't go to those insufferable wind bag sessions anyway

Hmmm...... Anybody thought about how our own WT studies will go? I mean can our WT Study Conductor Blondie get the private Wts which have the study articles?

I can't bear the thought of not studying the WT ..... noo... nooo.

Cheers

• Gill
    Gill

Moggy lover - I understand from the other thread on this topic that Blondie will continue to get access to the secret Watchtower study material!

It reminds me of Steven Hassan's experience in joining the Moonies, where he learnt a little about the Moonies but then didn't learn more until he went to their 'long meetings'. Perhaps the WT is modeling itself on the Moonies way of indoctrination now more so than before. Once the material becomes 'secret' the 'Real' cult control begins.

And I thought my relatives were beyond rescue now......what will a few more years do to them. Thank goodness for the Internet!!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    It sounds like the Awake is about to go bye-bye.

You may be on to something.

tsof

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't really care whether they publish the wt or not, I only ever see their publications on the internet anyway.

I just phoned a jw who still speaks to me, but also attends the meetings, though not all of them, to give her this news. She was pretty astounded by it, and could hardly take it in. Obviously, the congregations haven't heard yet, and probably won't do for some time.

I expect it's just another way of saving money. I wonder if they will do away with the bound volumes as well in the near future? That would save a lot of money.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

They'll probably hold this out as a "privilege" for new ones to "reach out for." Just think, Brother Steady Study, if you continue making fine progress in Jehoopla's disorganization, you may qualify soon for your own copy of the insider's edition of the Witchtower! Won't that truly be marvelous? This is not for the eyes of the wicked world, you know, but only for those showing loyalty to Jehoopla and to the annointed dictators slave!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Not sure how they can pull this off since they still need material for 53 Watchtower studies on sundays. If the only CrapTowers with studies are now monthly,

and from what I recall their are a maximum of 3 "study" articles per magazine, they come up short. Theres no way they will cut an hour from Sundays.

They will have to add a lot of pages to the monthly issue containing the "study" articles, which, in the long run will probably cost them more money.....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The WTS should have nothing to hide from the world, just like JW teens should have nothing to hide by telling all their classmates that they're a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit