How Far Up The "Ranks" Did You Go In The Organization?

by minimus 108 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was a member of the Dead Beat Club. I did aux. pioneer once, but it almost killed me and really, after that, my health has never been the same. Yeah, I was a Dead Beat, struggling to get in the average publisher hours. We finally started calling ourselves the Dead Beat Club after our punk PO said average hours, "Them's garbage hours." And people putting in those kinds of hours are nothing but dead beats. We took the B-52's song for our anthem.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I got married to a MS....then divorced him!!

• quixote
    quixote

Aux Pioneering on and off (mostly off)

Public reader of the WT on Sundays. (is that the right terminology?)

In charge of the sound system and making sure we had the right song on the record player at the meetings.

Never did become a MS. They didn't like me being different in my thinking and attitude. In other words, I was not a hipocrite and voiced my oppinion when they could not show love or tenderness to others.

Quixote

• minimus
    minimus

How many other "dead beats" are out there????

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

well i beat you Minibus , joking , I think you kicked all our ass's , you WTS superstar

• minimus
    minimus

What a huge waste of time! I was nothing, really. I was a young big headed kid telling older ones how they should do this or that.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Elder 20 + years

School Overseer 17 years

Regular Pioneer 2 years

Hospital Visitation Committee

Book Study conductor

PO one year during the rotation years

Many judicial committees

Cal

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Let's see... reg pioneer, ministerial servant, special pioneer in San Luis Obispo for 6 months before going to Bethel in 1974... MAN press operator.... mechanic in the pressroom, elder in congregation at 25 as School Overseer and then Presiding Overseer, experimental press work with nyloprint and Wood-Hoe press, touring govt. printing operations in DC with Ralph Lindem and Tom Cabeen, floor overseer over Bible Dept., Bethel Elder last three years at Bethel, and I was appointed assistant pressroom overseer the day I left for good! :-)) Never got to use that title!

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Account servant for a long long time Elder 3 years. Did talks, never did the TMS. Read the Wt. Conducted and assisted the BS. Declined the privilege of mike carrier. I had a very minor part of one quick build - I did garbage detail.

"vacation" pioneered a long time ago. Gave a very small part at the DC.

• done4good
    done4good

Never made MS, (could not play by the minimum hour requirement rules), but held several MS responsibilites, such as WT reader, Territory servant, etc.

Also did quick builds for several years, (telephony and PA systems).

PBX, (telecom) "key man", (what the hell is a key man?), at DCs.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit