Elder quits meetings

by buffalosrfree 45 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I received good news from my daughter, it was amazing to her, but she informed me that she met an old friend from a congregations we attended 10 years ago, and the upshot was that the friends partents no longer attended meetings. He her dad had been an elder the last I talked with him, he had left the congregation we were in due to the attitude of other elders there, went to a new congregation and the last i heard was very happy there. We had had conversations about various aspects of the supposed truth and he always tried to counsel me about the troooth as spouted by the pharasies then. So it was with great joy that I learned that he was no longer part of the borg, or at least not attending meeting anymore both he and his wife were now inactive. Great news!!!!!!

• needproof
    needproof

Bom bom bom

Another one bites the dust!

Bom bom bom

Bom bom bom

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lets hope they find out the lies that was preached & dont just drift off into "no mans land"where they lose the REAL LOVE of GOD!!!

• needproof
    needproof

...which of course is just your opinion!

• whyizit
    whyizit

(Amen to that, Mouthy!)

I need to hear about about some happy endings. It gives me hope.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Mouthy, I couldn't agree more with your comment. It's sad when some do as Ann Landers used to say and "Throw out the baby with the bathwater" Just because the organization may be wrong, it's no excuse to give up on God. seek2find

• desertflower
    desertflower

I agree with Mouthy. There are too many leaving the Org. and God too. Remember the org. doesn't have anything to do with serving the God and reading your bible which ever one you read.

Desertflower

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I too agree with mouthy. I have some friends that know a couple that left the Watchtower but know do not know what to do with their lives. They stay at home, have no friends, and are quite anti-social. Much of it comes from not having left behind all the Watchtower has taught, so it keeps a hold on them still even though they are not longer. Lets hope your friends are making some progress!

-Drew

• needproof
    needproof

Well, the way I see it, I left the Org, and then I left the Bible God. But it was for the same reason that I left both; did my research, got rid of them both from my life.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Right on Mouthy.

There has been a 'time' in reflection for us - but not a sacrifice of God on the Watchtower alter of lies.

Some will not find God when they leave. But they did not find him when they stayed in the Watchtower either. When his mind gets healed up some - he will probably go looking. At least he won't be looking for God in a little multi-colored 192 page Bible study aid.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit