What nicknames were you given when you were a J/W by schoolmates/workmates?

by pobthespazz 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Especially if you were raised as a dub like me, well I was called a Muslim, Holy Joe, A Jahoodsoon, all seems funny now but torture when you was the only Dub in the whole school

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i was called jehovah joe...this week..not been a jw for nearly 2 years lol

ok true funny story..happened at a circuit visit in hartlepool...

the c.o was asking the kids in the hall if they got called names at school and what they were..so the usual names were mentioned..jehovies, hovis, etc etc..then the c.o said any others..where upon one little boy in the audience put up his hand and informed everyone ...'they call me dickhead'

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    the c.o was asking the kids in the hall if they got called names at school and what they were..so the usual names were mentioned..jehovies, hovis, etc etc..then the c.o said any others..where upon one little boy in the audience put up his hand and informed everyone ...'they call me dickhead'

I heard later this young brother grew up and became a elder. and the nickname stuck.

lisa

• mia_b
    mia_b

i wasnt called any names but a guy in my cong was called hovas (play on hovis) biscuit which i thought was funny. mmm i like hovis biscuits - gonna get one now.

• RAF
    RAF

I guess the one I've heard the most was "la je m'en foutiste" ... means somehow "she don't care about anything" ... I for real I couldn't care less about lot of things that they would like me to care about. And I'm glad I didn't ...

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I was called Hovis and Jew with regard to my religion.

I was also teased because of my surname, my figure (I was an early bloomer), and called a "posh snob" because I wasn't born in their miserable little pit village.

Best days of your life?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    was called Hovis and Jew with regard to my religion.

I was also teased because of my surname, my figure (I was an early bloomer), and called a "posh snob" because I wasn't born in their miserable little pit village.

i think hovis actually make early bloomers don't they?

• Mary
    Mary

I was called a Jehovah Nit-Wit.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

School "mates" (if you want to call 'em that) often accused me of having the cooties and sometimes referred to me as retarded red nose.

Oh well, I guess I was a r-rednose, but I definitely never, ever had the cooties; I didn't even know what cooties was until I was an adult; I only knew from K - 6th or 7th grade that I was chronically scorned. Guess I deserved it, but I kinda' doubt it. what a miserable little child I was . . .don't know if being a jw caused it, but it certainly did not help.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I worked for the Bay Head office in Montreal. All would call Me Jehovah!!!But I was very trusted...It was a buying office -& buyers would be late shipping the items they had promised to send. So the Store Managers from all over Canada knew I wouldnt lie!!! so THEY would phone me to find out when the stuff WAS really shipped...I got to be laughed at A LOT!!! because in the buying trade greasing the palms by expensive Christmas Gift etc: was going on .But I would refuse them because of my belief.....I was so respected by my boss that she opened up an office Just for JWs- about 4 pioneers would work a couple of hours a day- & it acted as if it was just one worker. ONE PAY CHECK that the Pioneers split between themselves. That is the pity of the JW !!! It is usually people who REALLY DO want to serve GOD!! But when they find out it was an IDEA! they were serving - they lose faith in a REAL CREATOR.....

Sorry for the long reply....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit