Did Prince Just Say Goodbye to the Jehovah's Witnesses?

by ithinkisee 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cha ching
    cha ching

So......

I was just wondering, IS he disfellowshipped?

or is he just gone? and not one? Anyone have an article? I have looked, but not found anything conclusive or recent.

thx....

cha ching!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

As of an interview in July of 2013 he was still identifying as a Witness.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd class him as one who walks to the beat of his own drummer. Him and Kanye West.

• cha ching
    cha ching

thx!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Prince is every bit as in as he was before. The difference is that he is rich and famous. He is even guest starring on "New Girl" after the superbowl.

Prince is an icon. He has been brought around by some of the more influencial black brothers in the organization, and in generally protected from scrutiny within that group. He isn't trying to run mikes, or be an elder. So no need to be "exemplary".

That being said, we know he is not appreciated, other than being an ambassador for the word jehovah.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He still talks about Jehovah in recent interviews, and has tried to keep his hair short.

I doubt he's an every Thursday and Sunday attendee where he lives, more like pop his head

in the door just to make a appearance to stop shepherding calls or to redeem himself from his sins.

He gets celebrity status wherever he goes, inside the Kingdom Halls and out.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I've wondered how often the hounders want to meet with him in the "back" room about some supposed infraction in one of his songs or in an interview. Will he ultimately get tired of it and tell them to pound sand?

• wasblind
    wasblind

They won't bother Prince

He's a " Superstar " Witnesses bragg they bagged

All corporations use a celebrity spokes person

to sell thier product

The Watchtower Society's product is paradise

• jgnat
    jgnat

tight pants

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Well... the Prince thing was one of the many things that made my mind free. It is as hypocritic as it can get: people in a "normal" congegation would have had their asses disfellowshipped over half of the shit Prince is doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit