My Bethel Experience Part 6

by new boy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• confusa
    confusa

New Boy I believe you, certain parts of NY are very dangerous, I've been accosted many times on the train during the daytime, it got to the point that I'll cary a fork or kitchen knife for protection...yep not ashamed of saying it who ever touched got a poke!

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Was that you??? Ouch!!!

• gymbob
    gymbob

New boy(Keith)~

Your stories are cracking me up man! I remember the subway freaks...and the hookers!

The first month I was there, a guy who lived down the hall from me got mugged right in front of the 124 bldg. in broad daylight!

When I was getting ready to leave bethel back in 79', they stuck me with a roommate who just arrived to bethel from Iowa. The poor guy, his first night there he cried all night....I will never forget that. GYMBOB

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Hey, glad to see more New Yorkers posting. Hey NYC lurkers, show yourselves. We need more rebellion in the "belly of the beast!" (Sorry for the diversion from topic.)

tsof

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi newboy

Nowadays despite the fact that living conditions at bethels around the world have improved the pressure is still horrendous. I have personally visited bethel over here many times - the rooms are very cramped, walls thin, doors always unlocked, no privacy and very stifling. Many become ill, chronic fatigue, nervous breakdown, irritable bowel syndrome - mostly stress related.

The highlight for many is being with the congregations.

thanks for sharing your experiences.

bernadette

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Keep the Bethel episodes coming. I've enjoyed each of them so far.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Every story about subways is true! How many times have you been on the "A" line coming from "times square" at 2:00 a.m in the morning?..........Its is a different group of people on those trains.

new boy? 2:00 A.M.??? what do you expect at 2 in the morning? You are taking your life in your hands! Were you on a suicide mission or what? tut tut

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Good stuff guy keep em coming, hate those roaches though........ I hate em man....

• Medic!?
    Medic!?

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I really feel for you and what you had to go through just to fit into the mold that the JW's want. You are a strong person. But to TopHat, what kind of arrogant crap is this to question the guy's story? You can see damn near anything & everything on the subway. The guy is opening up and sharing what is most likely a terrible part of his life, and you question it? Get over yourself.

• new boy
    new boy

Bethel week revisited

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit