Famous JW's

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Don Rendell, jazz sazophonist, played regularly with Johnny Dankworth and Ted Heath.

Also Ken Richmond, the man who hit the gong at the start of the JA Rank movies.

Englishman

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Yeah, Theresa Graves studied with my Mum and Dad... I remember going to Twickenham with her. Last I knew she was living in Beverley Hills married to a Bro who drove a bus.

I know(ish) Ken Richmond, he was in my circuit.

Patti Smith was raised a Dub until 12 in a 'divided home'.

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• sableindian
    sableindian

Famous Jehovah's Witnesses or had some kind of connection.

Sam Cook's wife,

Sam Cook's daughter

who married Bobby Womack's son

who became a JW and have the group Womack and Womack.

Dwight D. Eisenhower - U.S. President (raised JW)

Venus and Serena Williams - world chamption/Olympic gold medalist tennis players

Michael Jackson - singer, pop superstar

Prince - singer; convert to JWs

Janet Jackson - singer

La Toya Jackson - singer

Geri Halliwell - singer (Spice Girls)

Jackson Five - musical group

Selena - Tejano singer (Selena Quintanilla)

Dave Hill - musician (Slade)

Roy Harper - songwriter, musician

Larry Graham - singer; member of Sly And The Family Stone between 1967 and 1972, founder of Graham Central Station

David Thomas - songwriter/vocalist for Pere Ubu; convert to JWs

Herman Pizzanelli - leading Uruguayan concert guitarist in the 1960's; convert to JWs

Lou Whitaker - professional baseball player (Detroit Tigers)

Chet Lemon - professional baseball player (Detroit Tigers)

Evelyn Mandela - first wife of South African president Nelson Mandela; a convert to JWs

Lieby Piliso - Nelson Mandela's younger sister

Rene Montes de Oca Martija -- dissident human-rights activist in Cuba (son of JW)

Rustom Padilla - Filipino movie star

Carmina Villarroel - Filipino actress

Gloria Naylor - novelist, author of The Women of Brewster Place (1982, American Book Award)

Mickey Spillane - best-selling crime novelist; convert to JWs in 1952 (still active)

Carol M. Swain - political scientist; professor at Vanderbilt University; author of Black Faces, Black Interests and The New White Nationalism in America: Its Challenge to Integration; left the Witnesses at the age of 20, in 1975

Viv Nicholson - famous London lottery winner in 1961. She then became a devout JW. The musical Spend, Spend, Spend was based on her story.

Now, are there any famous Bahais? Muslims? Seventh Day Adventists? Budhists? Etc? Hey, fair is fair. (It's a Libra thing, gotta luv us)

• sableindian
    sableindian

TERESA GRAVES

GERI HALLIWELL SPICE GIRL WITH CLOTHES ON

WILLIAMS SISTERSLOU WHITAKER

HANK MARVINREBIE JACKSON AND PIX OF GEORGE BENSON AND LARRY GRAHAM CAN BE FOUND ON THIS LINK IN THE BLACK HISTORY THREAD. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45873&site=3&page=4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit