Has anyone seen this research on 607 and the Watchtower?

by lurker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lurker
    lurker

I was recently searching the web for information on 607 to discuss with my wife and I came up with this.

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/607/default.html These people say that they are proving the Watchtowers 607 date correct. What do you think? I am convinced that the Watchtower is wrong because of all the other things that I have researched but I would welcome any feedback.

• Bluegrass Tom
  • avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Check this out- Amplified Bible

1 Tim 1:4-7 4 Nor to give importance to or occupy themselves with legends (fables, myths) and endless genealogies, which foster and promote useless speculations and questionings rather than acceptance in faith of God's administration and the divine training that is in faith ( [ a ] in that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence)-- 5 Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good (clear) conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith. 6 But certain individuals have missed the mark on this very matter [and] have wandered away into vain arguments and discussions and purposeless talk. 7 They are ambitious to be doctors of the Law (teachers of the Mosaic ritual), but they have no understanding either of the words and terms they use or of the subjects about which they make [such] dogmatic assertions.

Jehovah is the supreme authority on 607 and 1914

abr

• Undecided
    Undecided

What difference does it make? The date 1914 has proven to mean nothing as far as God or Christ doing anything.

Ken P.

• Gill
    Gill

Even if the date of 607 for the desolation of Jerusalem was correct, what difference would it really make?

Everything that the WTBTS has said since its inception it has had to change or retract or alter and deny.

The organization is nothing but a sham religion that leeches off the weak, the misfits and the malcontents.

What good, in the whole world has the WTBTS ever done, but get some people out of bed earlier than they would have on a Saturday or Sunday morning when their slaves hammer on their doors trying to interest them in mags that are full of non information that will have to be changed or denied in another few years.

Would God really have such a useless and good for nothing organization on Earth as his only representative body on Earth?

No! I don't think so!

• VM44
    VM44

The Egibi business tablets establish an unbroken relative Neo-Babylonian history that allows for no "extra 20 years" to be inserted in order to move the year 587 BCE to the year 607 BCE.

The Watchtower has a vested interest in promoting this Non-Truth!

The average JW doesn't really care about chronology though. The Watchtower could drop the 607 BCE doctrine tomorrow and most JWs would accept the "New Light" in stride without blinking an eye.

--VM44

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    The average JW doesn't really care about chronology though. The Watchtower could drop the 607 BCE doctrine tomorrow and most JWs would accept the "New Light" in stride without blinking an eye.

HOW TRUE, HOW TRUE.

The Claw.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Even if the date of 607 for the desolation of Jerusalem was correct, what difference would it really make?

That's my new attitude. Nothing that was predicted before 1914 happened. If World War I did not happen,
    CT Russell would have faded away with his Bible students. JF Rutherford and F. Franz re-wrote the
    JW history since the movement was still alive.

SO- I see no point in tackling this. It is good reading for an ex-JW, like myself, to further prove the WTS
    is wrong about everything, it's good discussion matter, but I won't bother to debate it with any JW ever.
    If someone proved absolutely that the date was wrong, JW's wouldn't listen, and if someone proved it
    was right, it would still not change that JW predictions never came true.

Keep posting your proofs. I, personally like them. I just won't get worked up about them.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

All the dates that the society has used in the past have fallen by the wayside. Dates have nothing to do with one's relstionship to God.

Blueblades

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

This part I found funny:

"What will you accept? The chronology of secular historians who mould the Bible to fit their chronology, making inspired prophecies fail? Or will you accept the complete and harmonious Biblical chronology, which gives us a time-line without contradictions, showing the total fulfillment of every prophecy Jehovah gave us? Will you judge the accuracy of secular chronology against the occasions where it agrees with the Bible, or will you only judge the Bible correct if the secular evidence happens to agree with it?

It very easily could go the other way...

What will you accept? The chronology of THE WTBTS who mould the Bible to fit their chronology, making HISTORICAL EVIDENCE fail? Or will you accept the complete and harmonious FACTS.....etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit