When Elder's Fade

by zack 43 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

quote from 3 years ago:

"the borg asked elders who engaged in sexual predatory activity to resign, and many did"

???

was this a cover-up or what?

nah---you've GOT to be pulling my leg---surely

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

stepped down in feb 2010 official around april. I had time to read books which never really liked to read. However if the subject intrest me thats diffrent. like health, memory, brain stuff, subconcience mind, self-help, and when something touched on a spiritual nature it got me thinking and doing more reffrence reading. Lead me eventualy to seach internet and find out what and why apostates and or ex jw's feel the way the do. So now my fall began with dropping pioneering, stepped down as elder, havent commented in months, miss meeting when I never did before. So many friends Im sure are wondering and I know some miss me as an elder. what stops me from dissasociating myself is my wife is difficult and blind and will not listen, Her mom is a witness and owns the house and lives on first floor. Many family members in other halls, and truly I do love the friends and I love people and am affraid to be alone cause im a people person. My problem is with the leadership because gods spirit should not be making so many mistakes and since jesus soposed to be taking the lead also he's been messing up to.. To bad I could not find a decent group-club non religious to associate with cause I can get allong with many.

• moshe
    moshe

Won't accept an elder's resignation? I guess it's not a volunteer job after all!!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I'm thankful for threads like this.

Once you've woken up, it helps to confirm that your feelings about the BS that happens behind the average publishers back are true. NO HOLY SPIRIT involved.

If only others could read and believe. But that damn Satan keeps blinding them! LOL

CoC

• designs
    designs

Not being able to resign was one of the shockers I learned after I was an elder. An older CO, Nick Kovolac, informed us in an Elders meeting that any Elder wishing to stepdown would have a letter read that we would be officially 'Removed'.

Going through the Elder school and being behind the curtain was the turning point for me, gratefully.

• mamalove
    mamalove

So DESIGNS, you say that you were read a letter that you would be "removed" with the connotation that it was non voluntary?

I forgot how stressful this would be if you had the title of elder behind you and then trying to fade...even worse. But I guess the only silver lining is there would be little room for questions, because you had first hand knowledge on what really goes on.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Interesting thread. I too would like to know the recent numbers of elders. That is quite an eye opener.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Obviously as is proven by posters that are here, some are still in the organization in some way, including elders, while there is know way to know statistics, I can't help but wonder what the percentage would be of unbelieving active witnesses. How many think the way many of us do but never venture to this site or simply remain as lurkers. I imagine a great crowd which no man is able to number.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...you were read a letter that you would be "removed" with the connotation that it was non voluntary?

Yep, that's how it's done. It doesn't matter if you stepped down for health reasons, or burned-out, or reproved for wrongdoing. The letter reads the same.

I knew a couple of guys who stepped down as elder years ago...before the 95 generation thing. Their stepping down on their own was almost as scandalous as if they had been removed for wrongdoing. The very nerve of abandoning the position of service that has been granted was seen as a sin in itself. I remember the snide and rude comments made about these guys...even when no one really knew their real reasons.

I've also known old guys who had to step down for health reasons. Same letter. But in those cases people were a little more understanding. Yet, there was no pat on the back from the WTS or even the elder body. No graditute, no sentimentality, no new book bag, no ink pen set...no nothing.

And it wasn't until I read this thread that it struck me how cult like this practice is. When a person gives decades of service to a company and either leaves to join another company or retires, most companies pay a little tribute to the person leaving...thanking them for their years of service. When a preacher serves a congregation for years and years and has to retire or is sent somewhere else, the congregation shows their gratitude. What does the WTS do? Read a form letter and kick em to the curb.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Lately we are being pushed by the organization to bring in "more men" and were told to look for more men in the door-to-door work, put some time in in the evenings when men are more likely to be home, go to more businesses to find them, etc.etc.

Also the push for more brothers to "step up" and "reach out" for more privileges. No wonder. Wow, lost a third in fifteen years. Where will we be soon. There are hardly any young brothers in our hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit