Elder wisdom ???

by KAYTEE 10 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

This is elder wisdom in play, At my last congregation they had a map mounted on the wall of the whole territory, this was divided into small segments and given a number, thus producing a quantity of smaller maps.( a bit like a jig saw puzzle) which was also given a corresponding number.

They then had a colour coding system of round stickers, Red, Blue and green

Red = territory not covered in 2 years

Blue = territory not covered in 1 year

Green= territory not covered in 6 months

In principle a good system, you can immediately see how the congregation are doing in field service.

I was standing in front of the map with the field overseer.

I asked him why there was so many red stickers and only 1 or 2 blue ones.

His answer "WE RAN OUT OF BLUE SO I USED RED ONES"

These are the glorious ones, the Prince’s of the new world order, the ones who are going to bring this world back to paradise

I’m sure you have heard statements just as foolish.

KT

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

LOL - It's been so long I have forgotten a lot of those little things. I do remember seeing the map hanging up on the wall in the KH.

I guess the one good thing that came out of all that field service is I learned how to read maps really good.

Give me a map and I can get anywhere. And it was all from those little cards with the sections of maps stuck on them.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The elders would only work easy territories, holding onto that one card forever. The tough territories were always in the box, Strick Catholics, Jewish, Muslim etc. even the pioneers had their coffee shop territories locked up in their bookbags.

Blueblades

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That sounds like typical elder mentality, did he devise the system?

It would have been interesting to hear the co's comments on seeing so much territory not covered in two years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How about the "Young Elder" with no life experience..That one always cracks me up..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

As far as I'm concerned elder wisdom is non existant. The term elder is like a badge to be hidden behind. Tribal mentality, is very bully like and incompetence is rampant. I do not recognize them as proffesionals in any sense of the word legalisticallly, theologically, phychologically, morally or any other way. They are legends in there own minds and rule over other peoples lives with impunity. Only in there world do they have authority. In the real world they would be incessantly laughed at by there pronouncements. They are a complete joke!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Red = territory not covered in 2 years

Blue = territory not covered in 1 year

Green= territory not covered in 6 months

Should have said, then with the territory being covered so much why dont you just change the color code, since you have more of the red ones?

Green= Not covered in two years

Blue= territory not covered in a year

Red= not covered in 6 months,

If he didn't like that idea, tell him that you are going to be late at the next meeting and you will stop at Staples and get more colored stickers, you want to make sure all the friends have an accurate portral of how the territory is getting covered or NOT

abr

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    As far as I'm concerned elder wisdom is non existant. The term elder is like a badge to be hidden behind. Tribal mentality, is very bully like and incompetence is rampant. I do not recognize them as proffesionals in any sense of the word legalisticallly, theologically, phychologically, morally or any other way. They are legends in there own minds and rule over other peoples lives with impunity. Only in there world do they have authority. In the real world they would be incessantly laughed at by there pronouncements. They are a complete joke!

cmon tyrone...stop sitting on the fence ian.. ex non bullying elder who actually quite liked a joke...and who worked every bit of territory in any cong or group that i was assigned to

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "WE RAN OUT OF BLUE SO I USED RED ONES"

LOL

So many solutions- but this glorious one picks the bad solution.

Buy more stickers, switch the code as mentioned, write "blue" on the red ones if you
    are too lazy to come up with a better solution.

My favorite is when the elder clearly doesn't know how to use a territory card because
    he is unfamiliar with the streets or neighborhood, but he won't let the pioneer sister
    explain what area needs to be covered because he is the elder. They wind up re-working
    what was done last week, not reaching any new doors.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Maybe that's why they are Elders because it's the only gig that works for them.

Of course their were some smart Elders but their intelligence was put to the side as a kind of shame because "worldly wisdom" doesn't mean diddly in the hall.

"Thinking will only lead people away, including you, so stop."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit