Have you met people in the "world" who are more commited to their christian believes than JWs?

by nevaagain 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I know a lady from a non-descript evangelical church who runs a food give-away charity open to all people of any belief. I can't picture most JWs doing anything like that.
  • little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Does the religion have a paid clergy?

Does it "request" funds/donations?

Does an affirmative answer to these questions automatically disqualify it from being a valid and useful institution?

The watchtower has no paid clergy and doesn't really request funds (at least not the same way most Churches do) even still they are a destructive cult.

In my mind if there is no paid clergy or contributions requested I think "too good to be true what is the hook?" Even the greatest and most useful charities in the world have paid staff and ask for donations. Why can't a Church do the same?

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    i would say your average monk is more commtted than your average JW, but how does your average monk compare to your average bethelite?
  • zeb
    zeb
    yes
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know some Mormons who are more committed to their religion than many JW's.

I guess it can affect your mind if you have such a large investment in magic underwear.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit