Long Time Lurker

by the comet 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Nice seeing lots of new people taking the plunge and signing in!
  • the comet
    the comet

@KateWild when I first woke up in 2010 I went into a slow fade and then completely stopped going for about 2 years. It's only been in the last year that I've started going again to keep the peace in my wife's family. I honestly don't mind to much going the couple times month that I go. My feelings range from completely checked out and bored to chuckling to myself at some of the crazy comments. Once in awhile I do get angry at what's being said but I'm lucky that my wife is also fully awake so I always have someone to vent to. She definitely can't take going to the meetings as much as I can so she rarely goes, I represent the family, which is all anyone cares about in the hall, being seen once in awhile. We presently have no kids so it makes it easier. Hopefully one day we can totally be free but until then my current situation is ok.

@WingCommander yes the hall is extremely liberal, but also the elders are all extremely lazy. They really don't bother me at all, I was asked once if I wanted a shepherding call, I politely said "nah, if I need one I'll let you know." haven't been asked about it again, that was 2+ years ago.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    welcome
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I keep hoping one of you is my brother in law, who i know is ttatt aware but not out of it...and my sister is very in, but a few years ago he said she only believed half of it. I haven't talked to him for a long time but heard he's going to meetings again.

I was hopeful, comet, for a while, but then you said something indicating you aren't him, darn!

Anyone else hoping to find people you know on here...maybe even hoping you get some family back and this would be the first clue? Just desperate dreams, I guess :(.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Welcome to the forum! Fellow fader here as well.....keep up the subservient comments.....they make the fade doable.
  • flipper
    flipper
    THE COMET- Love your name. Pretty cool. Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. You are among friends. We'll do whatever we can to offer support to you. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit