Raymond Franz is back in WTS ?

by Ancientofdays 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Just a rumor...I had a lettter from him last week,,, that I posted some of ,,,,& I spoke to him a month ago....NOT TRUE!!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    but not feeling directly involved or responsible. This degree of detachment was not unusual and illustrates the effect of being an elite body.

couldnt have put it better myself

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I guess ole "brother prince" invoked the name of Jehoa-gie aat a recent awards ceremoney. You have to wonder was his divorce "scriptural" or not.

• done4good
    done4good

Ancientofdays, PM me if you would like to see the email correspondence.

j

• parakeet
    parakeet

Finally-Free: "Yes, it's true, and Rocco, my bird, just got a job working in the writing department."

• one
    one

sick minds exist,

many years ago "they" said Franz died in an accident etc

so was fitting for him to wear a t-shirt stating: "the news about my death has been exaggerated"

and yes, no, but "over my dead body"

• willyloman
    willyloman

Everything you need to know about 1975, in a nutshell:

Among the Governing Body members as a whole there was not great excitement about the 1975 predictions. As shown in Crisis of Conscience, they did express a measure of concern as to the possibility of disillusionment at one meeting described. But in other respects, it was almost as if they were bystanders, watching what went on but not feeling directly involved or responsible. This degree of detachment was not unusual and illustrates the effect of being an elite body.

This explains why they could, with a straight face, suggest that the whole '75 "thing" was a fabrication of the rank and file. They were so insulated from what was going on, they could spin the story in their favor and readily believe they were telling the truth. As members of an "elite body," they'd of course discount any criticism. For them, there is no wrong, only a series of right-this-time's.

Oh, and if anyone believes Ray would "go back" to the WTS, they simply have not read his books.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Whenever I read things he has written, I am very impressed by his way of expressing himself-both insofar as it being readable and seeming educated, but mostly in the way that he is so reasonable and decent-even towards men which he has every reason to have a scathing disrespect for. He doesn't get emotional or silly. Some things written by others against the society or JWs are very intensly emotion filled-so much so that it is difficult to read-especially when you have some strong emotions about it yourself. He is a very grounding presence in my life.

I like him and wish I could have had the honor of his aquaintance, but we don't seem to run in the same circles:) I wish him only good things. Would never believe for a minute, btw, that he would go back to the org-for any reason!

• steve2
    steve2

The gossip mills within the local congregations love a "comeback" almost as much as they love a "downfall".

It generates excitement in an other wise stiflingly tedious environment. The further they are from Brooklyn, New York, the more readily congregations succumb to these baseless stories of "returning to the fold".

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Tis a pity he is not back in, cuz he's exactly the kind of individual the Society needs to bring more balance and positive change. He should be hired as a consultant to set up a 'Reform Committee', lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit