Hi newbie saying hello

by nikitaeve 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, nikitaeve. I am curious, do you maintain a blog? I'd like to see more of your writing.

• nikitaeve
    nikitaeve

Hi all again, well I certainly didnt come on here to offend or anything or to cause people to look at me 'cockeyed'. I came on here because i was interested in making some new friends and I certainly havent achieved that yet! If the truth be told, I thought everyone on here was a Witness or interested in the religion and now it seems like I've offended some people because of what I believe. I havent practiced or read about the teachings for a long time so I took the time to look up some information about witnesses and learnt stuff that I didnt know about. I take it James that you meant at Armageddon that millions would die? Well, I always assumed, that at Armageddon, only the truely evil would die anyway. I believed then that not only Witnesses would live but also others who werent in the truth but had good morals anyway. I believed that God would see into peoples hearts. Of course there were some teachings that I questioned to myself but on the whole I believed most of them. I thought they were preferable to the Church where my dusty old vicar couldnt answer any of my questions about the bible and why the churches teachings were sometimes in direct contrast to the bibles. Anyway, like I said, I didnt come on here to offend anyone but I am curious as to why this site is called what it is if you're all so anti JW. Id like to here your views though on why you left the organisation and what you feel the 'truth' is. To JGNAT, I do have a blog but its new and I havent had a chance to write much on it yet

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hello nikitaeve,

Welcome to JWD!

Rachel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

To answer your inquiry Niki, this is not a site for jws, it's a site to talk about issues with jws and the society. Alot of different people come here, some are still in, some are coming out, some have been out for a while. Some here are a bit touchy about prowitness attitudes (myself included). But you are welcome to stay, just read more and get to know us better before you assume.

Josie

• jgnat
    jgnat
    If the truth be told, I thought everyone on here was a Witness or interested in the religion...

I always find this surprising, considering how many warnings Witnesses are given regarding the internet. But then again, you do say you've been away from the Kingdom Hall in a while. My involvement in the board, and my interest is because I am married to a Witness.

I havent practiced or read about the teachings for a long time so I took the time to look up some information about witnesses and learnt stuff that I didnt know about.

Would that be on the official website? I would find it very difficult to be current on the Watchtower teachings through the internet. You are pretty well chained to reading their current literature regularly, to keep up on all their doctrinal changes.

To JGNAT, I do have a blog but its new and I havent had a chance to write much on it yet.

The reason I ask is that I like to support new writers. Even though it is new, could you share it with us?

• nikitaeve
    nikitaeve

hi jgnat, thanks for your post expressing interest in my blog. here is the address, http://cornishsparkle.spaces.live.com

Do you find it difficult being married to a witness? I found it hard when i first joined because my partner at the time was so against it. When i looked on the net for info about the witnesses i found several sites and went onto one and was interested to read about some of the doctrines that have changed slightly although not the core ones. I admit i havent looked up any new literiture for a while. anyway, you're welcome to leave a message on the blog. regards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit