NEED YOUR HELP TO SAVE SEXTUPLETS.....WRITE THE CANADA MEDIA

by skeeter1 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• orbison11
    orbison11

last night there was quite the news report on tv here, as the babies are in vancouver(here)

the point was brought out how they are in a 'public' hospital, and under 'public' health care,,,,they are under a very self imposed secrecy about the babies

it costs us (the public in taxes) $12,000 a day to take care of them and it will cost 1 million by the time they leave the hospital at term

also, it was said how normally they would have used a selective type (abortion) and left only 2

and the blood issue was brought up

made front page of paper also

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

You would think SHUNNED FATHER (LAWENCE HUGHES) would be front and center on this topic. funny not a word from him. john

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The media sounds mad that they are not allowed access to the parents.

I think privacy should be respected. This is an emotional, roller coaster ride for the parents. Not only is the mother likely going through post-partum changes (hormonal too), the family is probably is shock/awe/scared about the newborn's health. Add to the top of that that a prominent elder "is dying to know who they are" (i.e. for disfellowshipping/shunning as the parents are not adamantly touting the JW "no blood" policy. I wonder if the elders have their henchmen/women in the hospital trying to figure out if the babies have had a transfusion. I was in this family's shoes, I'd want privacy too. Public assistance or not, healthcare is and should be a private concern.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Just a question ... As I understand it, you cannot be disfellowshipped for accepting a blood transfusion, by accepting one you have disassociated yourself. Is there an official policy regarding disciplining a parent should they allow a minor child (who obviously cannot disassociate themselves) to recieve blood? I wouldn't think the WTS could have a policy regarding that.

Kwin

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Is there an official policy regarding disciplining a parent should they allow a minor child (who obviously cannot disassociate themselves) to recieve blood?

There is no official policy here that I know of. The party line is to NEVER ALLOW IT, and that it is totally wrong, but if someone does allow it, there are no official repercussions.

To my knowledge, no action was taken against a JW lady I know of who allowed her young child to have a life-saving transfusion.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Blood Transfusions and the Law -- Times Six

Friday Jan 12 | PrawfsBlawg

From the Globe and Mail comes this interesting story highlighting a standard law and religion issue: the conflict between the law's protection of the best interests of the child and the spiritual interests of ...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I heard on the radio this morning, one of the sextuplets has died.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006152037

One Of Canada's Sextuplets May Have Died January 16, 2007 8:13 a.m. EST

Danielle Godard - All Headline News Staff Writer

Vancouver, BC (AHN) - Reports are circulating that one of the B.C.-born sextuplets has already died, though the hospital would not confirm the fact.

Parents of the first-ever Canadian-born sextuplets are Jehovah's Witnesses and had requested anonymity when the babies were born, instead speaking to media about the momentous birth through hospital officials.

The sextuplets parents have not issued a further statement to hospital spokespeople about a possible death.

The babies were all confirmed alive last on January 8th after their birth at B.C. Womens's Hospital after 25 weeks gestation, weighing under two pounds each.

Babies born that early do not have fully developed organ systems and subsequently doctors have previously said the babies would have to stay in hospital close to 100 days.

Sextuplets are very rare and seldom have all children make it past infancy in the past.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    One of Canadian sextuplets dies: report
    Reuters.uk, UK - 1 hour ago
    ... case could be more complicated because the parents are members of the Jehovah's Witnesses denomination, which objects to the use of blood transfusions.
    Reuters Canada, Canada - 1 hour ago
    ... case could bemore complicated because the parents are members of the Jehovah's Witnesses denomination, which objects to the use of blood transfusions .
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

One of the sextuplets has died comment box add your commentary post Fort Frances Times, Canada - 1 5 minutes ago
    Officials said then that the parents, who are Jehovah’s Witnesses, wished to remain anonymous. The parents allowed authorities to say only that the babies ...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Scientific American - 21 minutes ago
    ...case could be more complicated because the parents are members of the Jehovah's Witnesses denomination, which objects to the use of blood transfusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit