Question

by Shazard 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I already had no contact with them for 8 months prior to my being kicked out.

abr

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Long before the internet, when I was 15, I had several conversations with several people about my issues with the WT. I was just a kid, so subtlety was not a major strength. Still isn't actually. Anyway, my honesty with my mom and book study gal got me a talking to by the elders. And disassociation (not baptised, that is what happened back then). In any case, speaking up gets one kicked out-and even happens to the more discreet if folks are paying attention. I did NOT leave for a sexual sin, and I know of many who left for doctrinal reasons. Ray Franz was not the only one that figured out they were not sticking to the Bible. There used to be a few groups of ex JWs in my area that met regularly. Now they seem to all be internet groups/meet ups and I don't know of any regular groups of ex jws. I think it is truly incorrect that more people left for the purpose of sin before. It took more research and it wasn't as easy, but the information was there-even more so, as we were closer to 1975 and they hadn't gotten rid of so much from the libraries as some of the cong. are doing now. My family had a lot of the old literature upstairs, I saw this stuff all my life and after I left, I found even more in real libraries.

• gymbob
    gymbob

If you start counter-witnessing they boot you out in a hurry.

Most of the time, if you just stop going to meetings and service they want to know WHY, and will boot you out if you tell them you're questioning or doubting, just in case you try to tell anyone else how you feel or what you've learned (you just can't have people thinking for themselves in the cong. you know).

They've got it down to a science....

• mouthy
    mouthy

I did not have a chance ...I had told an elder I didn t believe Jesus came invisably in 1914... We were making arrangements to go out in service later in the afternoon,( a group) he said If you dont believe in the 1914 fact you should not go out in service. I was devastated.... But two elders came to my apartment later on & questioned me about it.... I said NO I couldnt believe it...They asked if I believed they were the faithful & diecreet slave???I said if you disfellowship I know your not..... GUESS what???I was D/F/ & when they came back & told me that >. I asked what they would do if I killed myself?? (I felt like it)One of them shrugged his shoulders. A few apartments down from me was another JW I used to drive to the K.Hall,They stopped on the way out & told her not to talk to me anymore .... I only knew that when I was doing my washing in the Apartment washing machines ( seniors home) I forgot mine ( I was so upset) I ran there quickly & the JW was sitting there waiting to put her washing in ( we were friends before) I apoligised profusely & she wouldnt speak to me.... Walked away//// Never sopke to me again......But I have made up for it since most JWS in this area have heard of me & my mouth!!! THANK GOD

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Gil, same happened to me as Lovelylil. There is no way you can talk to them when you are labeled an Apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit