Captives of a Concept , by Don Cameron, Book review please.

by icocer 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• icocer
    icocer

This book caught my eye. Is it any good? My main goal is get aquainted with JW past and then read some of the writings of Russell and Rutherford.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, it is quite good.

Go to Lulu.com and do a search on "jehovah," and you'll find it and several others you may like.

• Confession
    Confession

icocer, I give it a huge thumbs-up. I purchased the e-book format. I consider it the most concise-yet-complete work yet on why the WTS isn't what it claims to be.

• garybuss
    garybuss

See my report here.
    http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/CommentsFromReaders.html

I recommend the book very highly. It put into words the path the brain uses to rationalize loyalty to the Watch Tower Society.

http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=77350

• bernadette
    bernadette

A labour of love.

definitely reccommend it.

bernadette

• icocer
    icocer

Thank you very much everyone.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Excellent book and easy to read quickly.

• icocer
    icocer

ARGG! I left my wallet at home. Consider it bought. I now have a JW and his brother an ex-bethelite working along side me.

• Paisley
    Paisley

That book sounds like very good reading. I believe I'll get it today, and thanks for the tip you all.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM is a huge book with deep concepts. Great book.
    CAPTIVES OF A CONCEPT gets right to the point about the mistake that every single
    JW has made, and how to see that mistake. Easier book to free the mind and perhaps
    start helping other family members or friends that would listen.

I downloaded from LULU.com, but anyway you get this book, it will be great reading.
    Garybuss' recommendation was good enough for me. I am thrilled with this book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit