AHHHHH! I'm PREGNANT!!!

by Jez 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

Just thought I would pop in here to tell you all that I am 3 months pregnant! It was quite a shock.

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. He has no children of his own. I have 2. (16 and 12). He has wanted one for 5 years, I just kept saying NO! But somehow after one night of drunken lust...surprise, surprise. I am 37 years old, you think I would know better.

I have moments of absolute joy and moments of total dread. I am afraid, excited and shy about being pregnant at this age. I worry that ppl will think I am crazy to do this again.

BUT, when I saw it waving and kicking in the ultrasound, I was overwhelmed by the whole miracle of it all. I will be ok. My career will be put on hold for a year, my family is extremely supportive, his family is as well and my kids are excited.

What a crazy ride life has been for me! Jez

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

congratulations and good luck...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Congratulations!

• lilybird
    lilybird

Congratulations! Don't let the age factor bother you. My sister had her first child at age 37 as she was busy with her career and her second at age 42. She is enjoying every minute of it !

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Congrats to your hubby and the new person growing.

Oh yes and to you too.

Embarrassed about it huh? -- you'll be boring the crap out of us with stories about your baby shortly and will laugh at the idea you were ever embarrassed.

I'm envious.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Congrats!! My little brother and I are 11 years about. You'll have extra hands around the house to help out.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good for you! How far gone are you?

• Jez
    Jez

Thanks for your supportive words. My husband is soooo wonderfully amazed about everything to do with this pregnancy. He has a little baby foot fedish and keeps buying socks. He is amazed that babies have such tiny feet and cant wait to kiss them up. lol Things like that tell me that everything will be ok.

Jez

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    What a crazy ride life has been for me! Jez

And just when you thought you couldnt get any busier LOL.

Congratulations to you both!

DB74

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Jez, that's WONDERFUL! Babies are the greatest little miracles. I delivered Jennie when I was two months shy of 38 and Jackson when I was 40, so don't worry about your age. Just enjoy!

Oh, and take the epidural -- having a relatively pain-free delivery, in my opinion, makes the birth experience a lot more fun because you can concentrate on watching the baby come out (the doctor should set up a rear view mirror so you can watch it) instead of the pain.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit