well, i am off to the circuit assembly tomorrow.

by ?me? 17 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Why waste your time?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I used to keep my assembly notes. They helped me with personal bible study, which the Society encourages.

The more I studied the bible in depth, my assembly notes made no sense at all. Especially the assertions of the WT speakers. The biblical hopscotch dance was priceless.

Please note every scripture quoted. Later, read them within context in your NWT. Follow up with some cross-referencing using Bible Gateway dot com or Study Light dot org.

Interlinears, commentaries, and concordances are gems. Dig, dig, dig, using all references available to uncover the history and contextual meanings. Compare and contrast with the Society's "Insight on the Scriptures." Or, the Aid Book, if you will.

grissom6471, have you any issue with my method? It was personal bible study that set me free from the Watchtower. It took months before I'd even peer into an "apostate" site like this, yet it confirmed so much I had already excavated on my own.

I've done the hard work, fought the good fight for my faith for about 30 years. Call me *negative* if you will. I literally studied the Word to my way out. Internet sites such as this one, and posters who came before me, just confirmed and expanded upon my findings through intense bible study alone.

In the end, it was my trusted WT publications that stumbled me the worst.

~Sue

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

junction guy said: "I already have the truth, I found that out 9 years ago when I came online." And I reply: If I don't call you brother, you don't have anything.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

>grissom6471, have you any issue with my method? It was personal bible study that set me free from the >Watchtower. It took months before I'd even peer into an "apostate" site like this, yet it confirmed so much >I had already excavated on my own. >I've done the hard work, fought the good fight for my faith for about 30 years. Call me *negative* if you >will. I literally studied the Word to my way out. Internet sites such as this one, and posters who came >before me, just confirmed and expanded upon my findings through intense bible study alone. >In the end, it was my trusted WT publications that stumbled me the worst. No, it was your own stupidity and your wicked heart that stumbled you. Because the stupidity is your association with Jehovah's Witnesses with the Watchtower as if the publications are the basis for us. They are not. They are simply teaching books. They are not Jehovah's Witnesses. The fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses have the true religion and that is why I set up the site and group as now there is so much proof of that.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

[quote] grissom6471, have you any issue with my method? It was personal bible study that set me free from the Watchtower. It took months before I'd even peer into an "apostate" site like this, yet it confirmed so much I had already excavated on my own. I've done the hard work, fought the good fight for my faith for about 30 years. Call me *negative* if you will. I literally studied the Word to my way out. Internet sites such as this one, and posters who came before me, just confirmed and expanded upon my findings through intense bible study alone. In the end, it was my trusted WT publications that stumbled me the worst. [/quote] No, it was your own stupidity and your wicked heart that stumbled you. Because the stupidity is your association with Jehovah's Witnesses with the Watchtower as if the publications are the basis for us. They are not. They are simply teaching books. They are not Jehovah's Witnesses. The fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses have the true religion and that is why I set up the site and group as now there is so much proof of that. 
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well grim you're a liar. You said way back in June that you had fired this site and you came back.

tsk tsk

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    No, it was your own stupidity and your wicked heart that stumbled you.

Because the stupidity is your association with Jehovah's Witnesses with
    the Watchtower as if the publications are the basis for us. They are not.
    They are simply teaching books. They are not Jehovah's Witnesses.

The fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses have the true religion and that is why
    I set up the site and group as now there is so much proof of that.

Thanks buddy. I always sensed that the "it's in jehovah's hands" crap you guys spew was a bunch of hooey, and now you've proven that it is. Or is your judging the heart of someone you've never met one of the new signs of the true religion?

If the publications are not the basis for you guys and your beliefs, why doesn't anyone ever become a jw without them?

If the jw have the true religion, than why does their collection of burdensome rules resemble more the system that the Pharisees had than that of Jesus Christ?

• KWtheJW
    KWtheJW

The replies you have received are awfully negative. You have the truth, stay with it. Jehovah is a happy God, sourpuss whiners just don,t get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit