YouTube video: On Shunning

by seattleniceguy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I'm starting to get the hang of this video thing. I'm really happy with this video on the practice of shunning, as experienced by me on both sides of the fence. I'm not angry - I'm just letting the facts be known. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_B4PfDwp5I

SNG

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent, well done.

• dare2be
    dare2be

godd video SNG.Clear thought provoking and direct

d2b

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

"The religion fears the truth."

Wow, this is another great essay. Good job and keep up the excellent, quality work.

• Gill
    Gill

Totally fantastic! Great points! Loved it!

You were calm and fabulous! Well done!

• Clam
    Clam

SNG Excellent and articulate presentation. The car salesman analogy was certainly apt.

All the best to you -

Clam

• vitty
    vitty

I thought it was excellent and you brought out some good points.

I also watched a couple of other videos, one by scooterUK , and another by CNN interviewing Bill Bowen and a couple of abuse victims. Its was very good

What really amazed me was the comments made after the videos..................unbelieveable

Let us know if you do anymore

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Great job, you are very sincere and courageous! I especially related to the point you made about how shunning doesn't convince a person that something is true. In my own experience, I was more inclined to consider reinstatement when my family was welcoming and warm to me. When they decided to shun me, I found their behavior (and of those in the cong) revolting and began to really take a close look at the religion.

If you haven't attended college already, I strongly urge you to apply. You seem very intelligent.

Just one suggestion tho for aesthetic reasons. Consider a backdrop of a solid wall or throw up a sheet. The light in the upper right corner and multiple doors was a bit distracting but otherwise great job!

Best,

NYCkid

• hubert
    hubert

Great video, SNG !!

The wife and I just finished watching it.

I hope you make one on every false doctrine that the W.T. teaches. (That should keep you busy for the next 3 years). Thanks for making these videos.

Hubert

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Excellent! Good use of good old fashioned common sense.

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit