Here's to designated drivers!!!!!!

by kittyeatzjdubs 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Here in the Uk the Home Office's and the Police obsession with Drink Drivers goes on and on with TV campaigns etc, just because they are easy targets to arrest, yet nothing is ever done to the crazy boy racers who terrorize our town night after night , or elderly drivers who cant see over the wheel, only last week and OAP driver was caught going the wrong way down the the freeway, causing mayhem , and only escaped with a warning , this obsession with persecuting guys who are 1 beer over the top sickens me.

My mother-in-law is perminantly crippled because of a drunk driver. I'm glad the police in the UK are doing their job. As far as the rest, how about driving on the right side of the road for a change?

• james_woods
    james_woods

My Ferrari website is all buzzing about a fatal accident in Lewisville, Texas (I live just south in Carrolton) over the new years weekend. Young 21 yr old man and his friend in presumably his dad's practically new Ferrari 360...heading up the I-35 service road at approximately 90 to 100 mph, making a move to swerve on the freeway, but then swerving back for some reason. He ends up losing the car, and going into a large tree sideways still probably at 90 mph. The driver was killed instantly, the passenger gravely injured with no word yet. I saw it on the news, but could not even tell it was a Ferrari until the posts started coming in on the website on Tuesday - it was torn up that bad.

Alcohol was quoted as "being a factor".

This kind of thing is totally avoidable. I know plenty of guys who are both pilots and sports car owners. Many would not think of getting into a plane with even a small amount of alchohol in their system, but who would not think twice about getting into their Corvette or Porsche (and winding it out through the gears, too) after a couple or three martinis.

It is not worth the risk - the cars are more fun to drive when you are not "driving while blind", as ZZTop would say.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I am always the DD because I am either pregnant or breastfeeding.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I am usually the DD - when we are out, and my wife wants to drink her margaritas. She tries to get me to 'taste this'... I may take a sip - but that's all.

I'm just not into drinking out away from home. Now... if we are at home, and she wants to make margaritas in the blender, make mine a double!

Or... sometimes, I feel like a shot of tequila - and then stagger off to bed - feeling good.

I've seen a few drunks on the road... they aren't even remotely humorous... but neither are folks who use cell phones and drive.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit