What makes you HAPPY about life when it all seems so FUTILE?

by hamsterbait 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Just saw the film "Perfume".

that poor baby. AAAAHHHHH

This is such a ranting post..Just don't tell me I'm here to breed and praise Jehoobie for a thousand years.

Oh, I dunno - maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to drink.

What do YOU do when you feel this empty?

HB

• tinker
    tinker

Drink and enjoy the ride

I like to set the timer for a good ol 'pity party' when is goes Ding....times up.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Life IS empty. It's just a circle of chemical reactions. YOU have to fill it.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Tinker -

yeah I'd LURVE a drink 2nite. That's the problem. I can't drink (unless I want to die).

Oh BUGGER!

I just want a hug!! Why do the WTBTS make it a sin to cuddle and hold each other?

HB

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((((((hamsterbait)))))))

Hey buddy, I have days like this too. I think everyone does, but one thing that helps me cope on the bad days is writing. I have a journal where I bitch and moan and I write an occasional poem or story. I call god every name in the book, but I always feel better when I get it off my chest.

• Xena
    Xena

Don't know all your circumstances but for myself I try and focus on the positive rather than the negative. When I actually look around me I realize just how good my life is, not prefect, but good. (Ok really really great lately ) And life is constantly changing...today it may seem futile and then tomorrow something happens that makes you realize it's not so bad after all. So here's to a better tomorrow.

Course chocolate and a bubble bath help my perspective as well.

• ZEN
    ZEN

When I feel like that I just have a drink
    Before I became christian I used to call on my buck fuddy but now I'm married and don't do it anymore. Maybe if you turn your life to Jesus, that would help

• under_believer
    under_believer

My question is why would you watch such a f***ed up movie if you are this emotionally vulnerable? I learned my limits long ago and avoid stuff of this nature like the plague.

Anyways--I personally say get some tea and watch something funny like So I Married an Axe Murderer, or maybe something brainless like The Matrix. That'll fix you right up. Also get laid.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

hamsterbait,

Well,... first of all, I've given up on pointlessness. If there isn't any Grand Divine Purpose, it means I can do whatever my conscience will allow. Less preaching and more tie dye! But anyway:

Lately, when I feel that my life is futile - by which I mean, that it seems my particular dreams will never come to pass - I bitch at my family about it. Usually it's because I've allowed some kind of worst-case scenario to creep under my skin. It's a kind of delusion. My family has gotten really good at refuting those. So when I have a tantrum of self-pity, they smack me down with statements that are both more positive and more true.

gentlyferal

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Oh, I dunno - maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to drink.

Hello Hamsterbait. I'm glad you have posted. I am going thru an empty period myself. I have been sleeping way too much. I'm glad that you posted and that others responded. I got to get moving. I remember reading the cure to depression is to get moving. I need to do like abandonded and start writing a journal. I kept one for years and it helped. I dont think drinking will fix anything. It hasnt for me. And depression is not just a jw thing I have been out of the org for 24 years now. Life does seem empty and futile at times. But we can fill it with what we want. It is our life no one elses. The funny thing for me is when I had nothing ,I thought things would give me happiness and contentment. Now I have just about everything I ever wanted and I still fight depression and unhappiness. For some of us it must be a chemical imbalance. I was raised as a jw maybe they got my chemicals off from my childhood. Or maybe I just have depressed chemicals. I dont know. But tomorrows going to be a better day. I am going to try to do more and feel better.

I'm just thinking out loud here, for the longest time after I left the organization I would read the bible. I would read it everyday. I read it cover to cover 5 times the life application living bible by tyndale publishing. I used to look forward to reading it. I found comfort in reading it. Then there came a time when I could no longer believe it. I thought about what I read and I compared that to what I saw in the world and in my life and I came to the point where I could not belive it. I got to the point that I thought men and not God wrote it. That is where I am today. Like an elastic waist band on an old worn out piece of underware. I dont think the elastic will ever snap back. Its shot. I think reading the bible made me feel good because I thought I was understanding and making sense out of things. But in the end it made no sense. Maybe I am having a moment like solomon in ecclesiates maybe the only thing that makes sense is God. And I'm not really sure I know what that means. I still kind of think if your depressed get moving thats what I am going to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit