Does anyone here believe the Bible?

by sawthelight 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker

sawthelight,

I understand that your interpretation of the Bible precludes God's use of evolution. All I was saying is there are many evolutionists who are Christians and who believe the Bible 100%. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive ideas. Typically, those Christians who believe God used evolution think of some of the Genesis account as metaphorical, just as Jesus used illustrations of events that never actually happened but served as a metaphor for ancient humans to understand complicated subjects. Genetics, for instance, is certainly at work within us, yet the Bible doesn't come out and talk about genetics, for that would be too complicated to explain back then.

Again, I know your interpretation of the Bible is different, and I respect that. Just keep in mind that not all Christians interpret the Bible the same way, so when someone here talks about evolution it doesn't necessarily mean they are an atheist.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest 'sawthelight'... may you have peace... and may I ask:

If you have TRULY seen 'the light', why is the 'Bible' still of such import to you? Let me elaborate, if you will, please:

The TRUE 'light', my Lord and Master, JahEshua (JAH Saves) MischaJah (chosen/anointed of JAH), who is known to you and many others as "Jesus" (Greek: Ieosus - Hebrew: JahShua) "Christ" (Greek: Kristos - Hebrew: MischaJah) attempted to make a point to his 'disciples' which I have found still holds true today. At John 5:39, 40 he said, of the SCRIPTURES (which, by the way is NOT the "Bible"):

"You are searching the SCRIPTURES...
    because you THINK...
    that by means of THEM...
    you will have life.
    And these
    (the 'scriptures')...
    are the VERY ones...
    that bear witness... ABOUT ME...
    and yet...
    YOU DO NOT WANT TO COME...
    TO ME...
    that you may have life."

Please note that at the time he said this, NONE of the writings under the New Covenant had been penned. So, what was his point? That in and of themselves, the scriptures cannot 'give' you life. Because they do not HOLD life in themselves; they are NOT the 'source' of life. Who or what IS that 'source'? None other than the One given 'authority' to GRANT life, the Son of JAH OF ARMIES who IS the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, His Christ and my Lord... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. And it is to HIM that we must go... for life. That is why he SAID:

"Come to ME... all you who are toiling and loaded down...
    and I will refresh you."

... and...

"If anyone is thirsting... let him come... to ME..."

John 7:37, 38
    Matthew 11:28

It is why he told the Samaritan woman at the well... NOT "read your bible" or "search the scriptures", but "if you knew who it was that said, 'Give me a drink'... you would haved asked HIM and HE would have given YOU... 'living water'."

Contrary to the false teaching of the WTBTS, we, too, do not hold life 'within ourselves'. How so? Because the WTBTS, in its endeavor to 'shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men,' have shut up the WAY... the TRUTH... and the LIFE... by placing THEMSELVES in the 'seat of Moses'. They do this by calling THEMSELVES 'the truth', when in fact, there is only ONE "Truth".

In line with what is stated at John 5:39, 40, my Lord has granted me to point you to the following and I exhort you to read the former as well as these and 'get the sense' of them:

John 8:12
    John 6:48-56 (and please... pay CLOSE attention to verses 48, 51, 53 and 56)
    John 14:6

Neither the WTBTS or the Bible is the 'truth'... nor are either of them God's 'word'. For indeed, my Father has but ONE 'word', the One HE calls His 'Word' and has designated to speak on His behalf to mankind.

Revelation 19:13
    John 1:9
    John 1:1
    Hebrews 12:25
    Proverbs 8:4-11

And is only THAT One who can give us 'life's water'... LIVING 'water'... the 'water' that 'bubbles up IN us... to 'impart' everlasting life'. That 'water', dear one... is HOLY SPIRIT. And that 'water' is NOT offered only to a small group, it is offered to ANY who are 'wishing' and 'thirsting' and 'hearing'.

The Bible is not 'scripture', dear one. 'Scripture'... is Moses, Psalms, the Prophets... and the Revelation. They are the ONLY writings of the Bible canon that were 'inspired', in that they are the ONLY books where the writer was TOLD to write. The Acts of the Apostles and the gospel according to Luke themselves even attest to the fact that they were NOT 'inspired', as evidenced by Luke's OWN assertion that they were written at the behest of a NON-christian, Theophilus, a Roman ruler who wished to ascertain what was occuring between the Jews and christians. Luke got his information NOT from God, which would render it to be 'inspired'... or "God-breathed" (from the MOUTH of God), but from 'eyewitnesses'. PEOPLE told Luke, not God.

But also contrary to the false teachings of the WTBTS, people are STILL 'inspired' today, and are STILL being called by God, through Christ, to be 'anointed' with holy spirit: Israel AND the nations, the 'little flock' as WELL as the 'great crowd'. BOTH groups are seen by John 'standing BEFORE the throne,' and the second group, the great crowd, are ALSO seen 'rendering sacred service'... in God's temple. ONLY priests can render such service, dear one.

But in trying to get you and others to adhere to a 'law' that was impaled with my Lord, the WTBTS and 'religion' in general have taught you to put your trust in the 'stone tablets' and the law 'written in delible ink', rather than allowing the NEW 'law'... to be written on your heart. You have been 'misled', which is the very PURPOSE of the WTBTS and 'religion' in general, to 'mislead, IF possible, even the chosen ones.'

You do not have to continue in this way, however. You... like any other of earthling man... CAN 'hear' the invitation of my Lord to HIS 'sheep'... to hear HIM... and follow HIM... and NOT 'listen to the voice of strangers.' For he SPEAKS to us, dear one, from the heavens... through holy spirit. All you need do is ASK for such spirit... and ask in faith.

John 10:1-6, 27
    Hebrews 12:25
    James 1:5-8
    Luke 11:13

You may ask, if the "Bible" is of no import, why then have I cited so many verses for you here? Because, dear one, the written law is merely a 'tutor'... a means to LEARN about the One appointed by God, until such time as one can walk by SPIRIT... and not by flesh... so as to HEAR that One... when he speaks to us BY spirit. For he IS a spirit, and so it is to the SPIRITUAL man that he speaks, and not to the fleshly one. And so, it is to YOUR SPIRIT that I am now speaking, by means of the spirit of my Father, holy spirit, granted me by my Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:44
    1 Corinthians 2:6-18

It is therefore, my SINCEREST wish that you, too, 'hear' what the Spirit says, in what I have shared thus far, and when I extend to you, by means of holy spirit, the invitation granted to ALL of mankind who are 'wishing', 'thirsting' and 'hearing'... to:

"Come! Take 'life's water' free!"

Contrary to what you may have been falsely taught, dear one, that invitation is STILL open to any who willingly 'receive' it. As the verse says, "The Spirit... and the Bride... KEEP SAYING... 'Come'!" And no matter WHAT the WTBTS says, that invitation has NOT ended, for the 'door' has NOT been 'shut', nor will it EVER be, except by decree of my Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES. For it is into HIS 'ark'... HIS covenant... that such are invited to 'come'. And it is by HIS 'mediator', my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, that the invitation is issued. It is NOT up the WTBTS to decide for them when such invitation 'appears' to have ceased. The Spirit and the Bride KEEP saying 'come'.

Again, I bid you peace... and I am,

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL of the Household of God, Israel, and a slave of Christ, by means of a TRUE anointing with holy spirit,

SJ

• patio34
    patio34

The reason I don't believe the Bible is inspired of God is because of what has been pointed out already: my own reading of books such as "The Bible Unearthed" "Hebrew and Middle Eastern Mythology," the ancient Sumerians, etc.

It had nothing to do with the WTS. And yes, I am pretty much an atheist although I won't label myself.

Pat

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

My dearest Shelby:

May you continue to make 'public declaration about our Christ' to any and all who have a hearing ear to listen to what the spirit is saying.

May you have our Lords peace and blessings upon you and your household.

May Israel "STOP putting their trust in man where NO salvation belongs."

Love to you my sister
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• cornish
    cornish

What is the most important God himself,or a book.
    I have come to the conclusion thay many people make an idol out of a book and God has no say in the matter.People are worshipimg a representation of God instead of Yahweh himself.
    I am quite sure that many things in the bible are not literal,you have to do mental gymnastics to support everything as literal and harmonize with science,I am not saying I dont believe in God or Christ because I do,but in the creation account for example if it was written in the way it really happened it would have been hard for man to understand so it was written in a simple way to explain the concept that God did it.And the flood account,if all the animals on earth came of the Ark in Turkey and spread out over the earth,how come for example almost all marsupials ended up in Australia and no where else on earth barring one marsupial breed breed in South America,did all the marsupials get together after getting off the ark and decide to head south east as a convoy?
    The formation of the bible as we know it was a point of much contreversey,and the decision of which writings to include or exclude as inspired out of many was taken in a very contreversial way by a load of Catholic priests and hundreds of years later the protestants discarded a few more books to arrive at the current cannon.
    The Bible seems to have also been affected by popular Greek hellenistic infusion with more talk of hellfire in the later books of the bible.
    Yes I believe IN GOd and the basic message of the bible,but I do not think that the Bible is totally infallable and always literal even though I would like to think so.

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

cornish

the importance of the bible to me is that YAHWEH isn't doesn't consult with me on a personal basis like he does with AGuest. Paul said something to the effect that the scripture had been wriiten down for the benefit of future generations(those who will not study history are doomed to repeat it.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Sawthelight,

Nice to meet you.

(those who will not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Good point - and viciously sharp both ways. As has been brought out so much recently, almost every war was fought "with God on our side." Whether Christian God, whatever.....the belief in a Higher Being who wants humans to kill each other is pretty universal. Have men used this belief to further their own agenda? Absolutely. But their followers have believed and slaughtered in good, godfearing, faith.

There's much history in the Bible, whether totally true or not. But it does show a growth of a nomadic tribe and what it took for them to survive and flourish - kill all they deemed their enemy, and then tell everyone God told them to do it.

History does repeat itself - all through the Bible down to our day.

I think I would consider myself an agnostic at this point.

waiting

• rhett
    rhett

I don't believe in the bible. That doesn't mean that I don't believe in a god of some sort. It just means I don't believe in anything that humans are involved in.

• JT
    JT

undecided:

So where does that leave me? The same place as everyone else, we will live till we die, so you had better enjoy what time is left and help others do the same.

I'm iwth you man

james

• JT
    JT

Safe 4 thekids

you are ONE SICK CHICK

but i love it- i love it

that quote is going in my archieves

thanks

james

U GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this