Why doesn't the Holy Spirit know the day and hour of Jesus return?

by booker-t 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

Everytime you talk about the trinity to born-again christians and bring up the verse where it says of the day and hour only the father knows they will immediately say Jesus was in his "human nature" that is why he does not know. But my question is why don't the Holy Spirit know the day and hour? Is the Holy Spirit in human nature as well? I am not trying to be sarcastic or funny I just want to know. I have yet to have a trinitarian answer me on this.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I may be over simpilflying this a bit but here goes. There is no God, Jesus or Holy Spirit to know anything.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I have yet to have a trinitarian answer me on this.

Here's one: Demarcation.

• Mr. Kim
  • Stephanus
  • Satanus
    Satanus

a. Because the holy spirit can't wear a watch.

b. Because the holy spirit doesn't know what time is, as it lives outside the time dimension.

S

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

This was the first thing that popped into me knoggin.

Rev 19:12b The Word of God cf. 19:13b having a name that He himself only knows, the last Witness I asked about that verse shouted and carried on, as they tend to do with me... I'm obviously not a calming influence (perhaps it's the color of my door / doormat / odour?)

And just out of interest, where is the verse that says the Holy Spirit didn't know? Is the omission of evidence proving knowledge exists proof that knowledge doesn't exist ? (yeah, my first glass of wine in a few weeks. forgive me.)

I know in Acts 1:7 the Son is saying that it's not for anyone but the FATHER to know the dates and times set by the FATHERS authority. Does the Father know the name of the Son in Rev 19:12b and by the same token does the Holy Spirit?

Which one knows how much and Why are interesting questions. If you find an answer let me know..

Renando

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Booker, its simple:

1 Cor 2: 10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Booker:

The Holy Spirit isn't said not to know the day and hour..Here's the scripture

Math. 24:36 NWT "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens now the Son, but only the Father."

The Holy Spirit IMO is the spirit of God, so therefore would have known the day and hour.

• blondie
    blondie

Because he missed that meeting up in heaven.

(The answer to this all depends on whether you believe a) there is holy spirit b) that holy spirit is a person, which is a whole nother discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit