Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-31-06 WT Study (Discipline)

by blondie 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Blondie. I usually don't get into reading these threads, but this time it was really timely information this morning.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU.

~Liv (GoodGirl/BadGirl)

• willyloman
    willyloman
    pet a loin in paradise,

Gary: Why wait?

Blondie: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your excellent thread, couldn't resist!

• sf
    sf
    I think the rank and file are not obeying the WTS directives on df’ing………….

I KNOW many ONLINE jws that completely disregard this policy when they are safe at home where no one can WITNESS their daily association with opposers, apostates, disfellowshipped, etc.

In the yahoo jw chatroom in years gone by, quite a few would say outright that the litter-ature, {WTBTS FDS JEHOVAH} didn't actually state that we could'nt be here, we just can't talk {chat} with you. LOL!!!! Yet, they would, consistently and constantly.

What would really piss them off is when I would ask them the same thing their glorious GB KLOWNS asked in the FEB 15, 2004 WT....

ARE YOU WISE OR STUPID BY ASSOCIATING WITH KNOWN OPPOSERS, ETC.?

Well, neither wanted to answer to either question. You certainly could'nt call yourself wise. And you surely aren't going to confess to being stupid. LOLOL!!! Damned hypocrites would just put me on ignore.

sKally

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks Blondie, "vomit worthy" is an understatement. No wonder JW families have been so schizophrenic lately in dealing with us. Between the Sept "when a loved one leaves..." This article, and now the Jan 15 on "when a child rebels," they're really beating them over the head trying to keep the R & F from being exposed to the non-indoctrinated.

• Gill
    Gill

This is the problem!

JWs are NOT following the directives. My relatives are all elders, pioneers etc.

They should not associate with us! I am an open apostate and my sister has also left da troof and 'lives in sin!'

Why do the buggers keep inviting us round!

It really annoys me that I have to listen to their brain dead conversation and stupid praying to Jehoopla before eating, and discussing every ailment in the congregation and all that BS!!!

We're seriously considering DA'ing just to get away from these bad and disobedient Jehoopla Witlesses!!!

The flock is disobedient FDS of Crooklyn! I'm glad to see you beat them with their Watchtowers today!

Keep your sheep in the Kingdumb Hells where they belong and away from the rest of us!!

Thanks for the timely Watchtower!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Who actually is writing this article. Is it cut and paste from back issues? Yes Blondie! Same old same old, scare the rank and file into submission. Discipline, discipline, they don't know the meaning of the word. I would not want to be the one conducting this Watchtower study article today, nor be the reader of it. Those who do make follow up comments will be the Bethelites who already studied this at the monday night family bethel study. Imagine, Bethelites have to sit through this twice in one week .Oh the poor Watchtower study conductor has to support the Society in all this vomit.

What about some of those at the Watchtower study who have so-called secret sins. Do they blush and swallow when certain parts of the article might be pointing at them? Do they take a pee break when the paragraph might touch a nerve?

Thanks Blondie for all your hard work as usual. Happy New Year to you and Irrevent who has recovered from giving blood.

Blueblades

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

By mis-interpreting blood and other medical rules over the years, doesn't that make the GB guilty of condemning followers to death without Jehovah's authorization? Usurping God's word to cause pain and suffering? I'm pretty sure that there have been more than 20 changes in blood policy alone not to mention other medical decisions.

Where was their apology and repentance? All I have seen is more arrogance.

• Mary
    Mary
    Before a very long time had passed, Paul urged the Christians in Corinth to reinstate the wrongdoer. Why? It was so that they might not be "overreached by Satan," said the apostle. The sinner had evidently repented and cleaned up his life. (2 Corinthians 2: 8-11) If the Corinthians refused to reinstate the repentant man, Satan would overreach them in that they would be as hard and unforgiving as the Devil wanted them to be. Very likely, they soon did "forgive and comfort" the penitent man.-2 Corinthians 2:5-7.

What the Writing Department, I mean, the F&DSC doesn't say, is that when you read the preceding verses of 2 Corinithians chapter 2, it shows that Paul clearly regretted coming down on this 'sinner' like a duck on a junebug in the first place and was more or less apologizing for overstepping his authority. At least that's what I get from it:

2 Corinthians 2:1-4

For this is what I have decided for myself, not to come to YOU again in sadness. 2 For if I make YOU sad, who indeed is there to cheer me except the one that is made sad by me? 3 And so I wrote this very thing, that, when I come, I may not get sad because of those over whom I ought to rejoice; because I have confidence in all of YOU that the joy I have is that of all of YOU. 4 For out of much tribulation and anguish of heart I wrote YOU with many tears, not that YOU might be saddened, but that YOU might know the love that I have more especially for YOU. 5 Now if anyone has caused sadness, he has saddened, not me, but all of YOU to an extent—not to be too harsh in what I say. 6 This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man, 7 so that, on the contrary now, YOU should kindly forgive and comfort [him], that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad. 8 Therefore I exhort YOU to confirm YOUR love for him. 9 For to this end also I write to ascertain the proof of YOU, whether YOU are obedient in all things. 10 Anything YOU kindly forgive anyone, I do too. In fact, as for me, whatever I have kindly forgiven, if I have kindly forgiven anything, it has been for YOUR sakes in Christ’s sight; 11 that we may not be overreached by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his designs.

In a nutshell, Paul was saying 'You know what? I think this guy feels bad enough for what he did and maybe I was too hasty in pronouncing judgement on him like I did. Unfortunately, alot of you followed my example, and were pretty harsh on the guy, but I want to put a stop to that and I want you to treat him like a brother again, before he decides to leave the congregation altogether and never come back.'

There is no mention whatsoever of the sinner having to sit at the back while a kangaroo court of 3 men poke and prod his psyke to see if he's "repentent enough". Paul admits that he made a mistake and had no business behaving like a frigging Pharisee.

This is a nice little tidbit that you won't hear at the Craptower study today, or any other day.

Great summary Blondie.

• Flash
    Flash

The only good I get from this article is that the Evil Slave feels the need to print it! LOL

I sincerely hope its because many more Witnesses are re-claiming their minds!

Thanks Blondie

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Blondie and Victims of Acute Nausea:

"The Misuse of Disfellowshiping", p.372, ISOCF, by Ray Franz:

"A notable example of remaining silent in the face of apparently convincing evidence of serious wrong is found in the case of Joseph, Jesus' foster father. He genuinely believed that the woman betrothed to him had violated the law concerning adultery. The undeniable fact of her pregnancy before entering the marriage state appeared to give absolute proof of this. Yet Joseph DID NOT FEEL UNDER OBLIGATION TO REPORT HER to elders or priests as judges. Not wanting to "expose her to public disgrace," he intended to divorce her quietly. Was he thereby disdaining a divine "oath" commanding him to report and displaying a gross lack of concern for the "cleanness of the congregation"? The Scriptures tell us he was so motivated because he was "a righteous man [a good man, PME; a man of honor, JB]". In relieving Joseph of his misapprehension and assuring him of Mary's chastity, God did not rebuke him for his compassionate intent." [CC: emphasis]

Question on the above and its application today:

Does God need to check first with the elders?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit