Do You Live a 'Normal' Life?

by Golf 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey Golf,

So you're a tradesman as well. I worked with a few ironworkers and I have to say you guys are nuts but I had a lot of fun. Since I finally left the Borg, things have been going very well, thanks to all the support from this discussion forum. It has helped me get past the mind control and guilt and to move on to more positive things.

I'm back in school and loving it. I'm reading a lot more, meeting more people, and really developing greater skill sets. It's funny but I find that I'm smiling and laughing more. One day, I would like to write a book but not right now. What's on the agenda now is traveling more, getting better at salsa dancing, doing things I never done before such as water skiing, scuba diving, ski diving, and maybe a bungy jump or two. I also want to join Home for Habitat this summer, it should be a lot of fun. Life is really what you make it and I like going to sleep exhausted from working hard (secularly and personally) everyday.

There are challenges that I face such as the level of work required to make friends (I make it a point to call all my friends at least once a week), getting over the programmed fear of being with 'worldly people', my own personal insecurities and so on but as you mentions, 'Combating negativity is a challenge and we need to confront that challenge. The more we tackle it, the more we will find relief and a purpose to be positive, mind you, it will be gradual, but it's worth the challenge. This is sound psychological advice. When we conquer fears, it inoculates us from more fears and increases self esteem.

• Golf
    Golf

thecarpenter, great comments. I hope others will get to read it and get encouraged to make their lives productive and fulfilling.

I've combined my trades with sports activity. The mindset of the witnesses is damaging and it needs shelving. Replanning and scheduling our lives should be top priority. As I said, extract the good out of bad situations. When my wife passed away my life was empty. My interest and desire was nil. Through some strange circumstnce that has changed. I'll tell the story one day, believe me, it's a bizarre story but one worth sharing.

Keep up the good work and I wish all the best, GO FOR IT!!!!

Golf

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I pioneered in Jr high and high school. I thought we were close to the end and followed the admonition to stand before Jah and justify why we are not pioneering. I had all of a MS responsibilities but was too young. At 19, after being appointed, I began to see I could not accomplish any goals following my current course. I started a 19 year career in the fire dept. I use my work as an excuse to miss meetings. I have a medical condition that makes it uncomfortable to regularly attend anyway. I live very normal. I have been in the org for over 30 years and turn in time, but in reality I live a happy-guilt free life without the constraints of the typical witness. I still believe some of the fundamentals of the religion, but since the generation change, I know that everything is mostly made-made and based on the whims of the GB. It is so good not too feel guilty. So many dubs that I know take medication because of their depression, which some say is the results of the many oppressive rules. Growing up in a cong. whre having nice new things were wrong, I am so FREE and NORMAL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit