Post your favorite saying

by Scully 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have a brother who has schizophrenia. Girl, he comes up with some good ones! This is just a term he made for something he feels is bunk: Hubbish bubbish! I always say it when I hear someone talking about something that I don't believe. I don't think it will make it into a book of great aphorisms, but it works for me.

I think he made it up? I guess I better Google it to see if it's an actual term.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

When the pin is pulled, Mr grenade is not our friend.

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america - reboot constitution? (Y/N)

"A prudent man forseeth the evil and hideth himself; but the simple pass on and are punished."---Proverbs 27:12, KJV (This is on the bottom of my No Treaspassing sign.

"ANIMIS OPIBUSQUE PARATI" (Latin...loosely "Preparded in mind and resources."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Ohh, and JW related....."Don't question my beliefs, and I won't pick out the flaws in yours." BTW, I actually got to use this once on my true believing brother in law.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

No good deed goes unpunished

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

~Albert Einstein.

• Clam
    Clam

I've got loads I like, Mark Twain being a favourite, but here's two good ones -

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." --Albert Einstein

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is
    not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is."
    --- Sir Francis Bacon

Clam

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Don't worry. Be happy.

I didn't make it up, but I liked the song; and it's hard to do.

• becca1
    becca1

"religion is a snare and a raquet"

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Cuz OFG is so good to me, he gave me this one that has sorta been my own personal anthem lately:

"Hold on, Be Strong, When it's on it's on." - 2Pac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit