YOU "THINK" YOU KNOW.....BUT...YOU DON'T KNOW!!

by Terry 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lapazman
    lapazman

Has anyone found publicly filed reports on stock holdings, investments. I have always wondered about what they do with the cash. Are 501c corp tax returns public? thanks

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A couple of years back someone who was working at bethel posted a copy of a yearly finacial statement from their New York headquaters and it showed some of their assets were in

mutual funds. There has been rumours been spread around that they have an investment in a company called Ram Corp. Industries, but I've personally have not seen any legal

documents to verify this. That finacial statement I saw was dated 1997 and it did look legitiment in apearence. It was quarterized with a list of receivables and donations and expenditures

to bring them an outstanding balance of @ 940,000,000.00 , but I would assume that would be globally. Now here we are ten years latter and I know quite certaintly that they sold at least two

of their Brooklyn buildings in New York for a tune of 250 mil. or better, so what their net worth now is one can only guess. That sale by the way was writen by an journalist and posted up on

another web site. He was specifically covering the Dumbo area of Brooklyn and what recent changes that had taken place there............

• TMS
    TMS

Terry,

I understand your suspicions while leaning toward HS's description of the GB's mental state. But many questions could be asked concerning the proper use of the "King's interests".

Forgetting non-JW charity for a moment, why not sell a few buildings and build hundreds of modest Kingdom Halls in the third world?

If it's not greedy to hoard real estate, it is certainly miserly. Is it not the modern equivalent of "burying your talents" to be found in the Lord's Day with millions of dollars of donated monies tied up

in real estate holdings? Or is real estate really the "worldwide work" the contribution box refers to? Isn't maintaining a large stock portfolio gambling with the Lord's money?

tms

• Terry
    Terry

Terry,

I understand your suspicions while leaning toward HS's description of the GB's mental state. But many questions could be asked concerning the proper use of the "King's interests".

Forgetting non-JW charity for a moment, why not sell a few buildings and build hundreds of modest Kingdom Halls in the third world?

If it's not greedy to hoard real estate, it is certainly miserly. Is it not the modern equivalent of "burying your talents" to be found in the Lord's Day with millions of dollars of donated monies tied up

in real estate holdings? Or is real estate really the "worldwide work" the contribution box refers to? Isn't maintaining a large stock portfolio gambling with the Lord's money?

tms

Yes, I'm not amused by the comparison of imagining Jesus looking over his investment portfolio and signing off on million dollar deals while his followers shiver outside in the cold dumpster diving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit