Why can't I just SHUT UP?

by evetteto 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Evvetteto, Will Rodgers said "The difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and religion". Peter said in 1 Pet 3:15 15 But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU , but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.

It is one thing to make a defense but another thing to become defensive. Always act if you were making your defense with Christ right there in front of you, and remember is for our hope not every point in life. The witnesses have trained people to argue until you are right and prove that what you have to say is more valuable than others. Even when an argument is lost they will walk away feeling vindicated. I have the truth mentalilty, I know that I am right because I am taught the truth.

Peter said to make a defense for what you believe and that is it. If you have stated what you believe, leave it there and be done with it. Being a Christian doesn' mean forcing our beliefs on others whether they like them or not. The most accurate person who ever lived gave us a perfect example of how to deal with people when coming under attack. Saying less is better than saying more until there is an argument, Notice what our Lord did when brought under trial in Matthew 26:62,63b 62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Well, aren’t you going to answer these charges? What do you have to say for yourself?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

Our obligation to God isn't proving we are right but rather we are Christlike, then they are glorified and nothing else needs to be said. It isn't about our vindication rather theirs. Let your husband think or demand that he is right, give it time, his very actions speaks otherwise. Pray for wisdom, pray for strenght to keep yourself quiet. Remember the proverb, in the abundance or words there is error. The less said and the more actions like Christ, the better. Prove to yourself what is right is what the Bible says, don't worry about his actions or attitude, in due time all things will be corrected but it doesn't alleviate our obligation to act Christlike.

abr

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

it's hard to at first, but eventually, you'll understand some people just need to figure this stuff out for themselves. when I shut up, my family talks to me about all the stuff they hate. I just let them talk. don't say anything anymore. I sort of gave up hoping they would ever see it. there are no arguments lately. I just stay out of it, if they bring it up, I just zone out. They don't want an argument, and they don't wanna know what I really think! sometimes, they just need someone to hear them complain about stuff and I can do that. But I don't let them draw me into it so they can get angry at me anymore.

They are going to have to figure this out themselves because I've tried to lead them all to the water before but these horses won't drink.

• evetteto
    evetteto

Avid, as I write this I just sit here Praising the Lord. God Gives us sis' & bro's around the world, to encourage us when needed...You are absotively, possilutely right abt 1 thing....cuz I ask him all the time during our discussion...but what if you are wrong?...his answer...I'm Not! thank You everyone for your words of wncouragement and wisdom.....Much Love....Evette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit