How much did you sleep at the conventions/assemblies?

by avidbiblereader 37 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

A lot!!! I have done my share of sleeping at conventions with the elbow in the side, same ol same ol. You would know which scripture was coming before they ever said it. My last convention, my ex asked me sarcastically in front of a whole group of people "what did you learn at the convention this year"? I said not to go Philadelphia and sit in 100 degree heat outside, and if you do, you are going to sleep.

Needless to say, she didn't find it funny.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have some hilareous pics of my father, brothers, uncles and cousins all in a row at a particular assembly that would cause absolute hysterical laughter on this board.....Only problem it would give me away.

All I can say it was 4 generations of males all in a row absolutely sound asleep....mouths open in full snores!

The above included elders, Ms's, and sons of both.

r.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I already know what it looks like, like I did. Did they wear sunglasses or didn't they even try to hide it?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I tried really hard to sleep at assemblies but how do you hold your head up? zzz

unc who prefered working as an attendant or in the kitchen

alt

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Avid,

This picture is of many guys all in a row, ..no sunglasses just each one leaning to the right, holding their heads in that hand with mouths wide open and sound asleep. .... It is considered a classic in our family and how I wish I could post it!

r.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Maybe you could post it and use it as medicine for a sleeping disorder? I would love to see it but I understand.

abr

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

LOL!!!!!

My friends and I used to make a game of it. You would wait till someone nodded off and then knock their elbow off the armrest.

FBF

• Highlander
    Highlander

LOL!!!!!

My friends and I used to make a game of it. You would wait till someone nodded off and then knock their elbow off the armrest.

FBF

Boy does that bring back memories. My best friend and I did that to eachother all the time. I'm not sure which was funnier, knocking someone's elbow off the arm rest, or being the

one at the receiving end. Both were hilarious.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

No convention is complete without the midmorning nap, the lunchtime snooze, and the 2:00 Itis Express. I hit all three in a good day. I may go home somewhat burnt, but at least I've caught up on that sleep debt.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

no, it didn't work that way. If we feel asleep during the assemblies, then when we got back to the hotel we could go straight to bed and not go into the hotel pool. I stayed awake..

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit