WT LIES in the bible teach book

by Zico 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zico
    Zico

We all know the Watchtower Soicety can be deceitful at times. One place I've noticed their deceit is in their main 'bible' study/cult introduction book 'What does the Bible really teach?'

Designed for a JW holding a bible study with an interested person, this books tries to convince the person being studied with, that this religion knows the Truth about the bible. Something however, is missing from this book, something very important. That is, their belief that the Organisation is God's appointed channel, instead choosing to use phrases such as 'You must associate with those who practice true worship' to bring them into the Organisation, without stating their real belief that 'You'll die at Armageddon if you don't join our Organisation.' The book doesn't even discuss who the 'Faithful and Discreet Slave' are.

Where this book actually lies to these 'bible' studies though, is that they actually do the opposite, and play down the importance of the Organisation. During the book, after using the usual half-truths and misinterpretations to convince the study of their doctrine, we then get to a chapter, about why the study should now be looking to get baptised, but will the study know what this baptism really means? Here are some quotes:

Page 182, Ch. 18, para 21 'A talk reviewing the meaning of baptism is usually given on such occasions. The speaker then invites all baptism candidates to answer two simple questions as one way to make a verbal "public declaration" of their faith' (This is in reference to assemblies and conventions where baptisms can take place)

Following this are a few paragraphs on why we need to make a public declaration to Jehovah, and how baptism shows you are dedicated to him, and though it does say this will identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, it still doesn't tell us the importance of the Organisation to being a Jehovah's Witness, and it doesn't tell us what the two questions are that the Witness-to-be must answer at their baptism. Then we reach this quote:

Page 183, Ch. 18 para 24 'Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization'

LIES. What is that second baptism question that they so conveniently left out? "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses IN ASSOCIATION WITH GOD'S SPIRIT DIRECTED ORGANISATION?" It's clear, a Jehovah's Witness baptism doesn't just mean a dedication to Jehovah, it also means you register yourself as a member of an organisation, and as we all know, having doubt that this Organisation teaches the Truth is like doubting Jehovah himself in the mind of a JW. (I could even argue that they do dedicate themselves to a work, a cause and other humans, but I won't)

And of course, it doesn't tell you that doubting this organisation can get you disfellowshipped. Actually, the book doesn't even tell you about disfellowshipping. I wonder why?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good points.

It is shameful that the book doesn't even mention what those two questions are. I guess that they figure if you ever reach this point in the book, you will follow the cult and do what it says, no sense alerting you in case you are not constantly under the spell.

Also note:

bh chap.18 p.182 par.21 Baptism and Your Relationship With God***

Let the presiding overseer of your congregation know that you want to get baptized. He will arrange for some elders to review with you a number of questions that cover the Bible’s basic teachings. If these elders agree that you qualify, they will tell you that you can be baptized at the next opportunity. A talk reviewing the meaning of baptism is usually given on such occasions. The speaker then invites all baptism candidates to answer two simple questions as one way to make a verbal "public declaration" of their faith.

There are no scriptural references in this paragraph to confirm the "elders agree that you qualify" part. There is no detail on the two questions, so there is no scriptural references there, either.

Beware of the mind-control cult. I know I am going to slip up at a meeting one day and say that. Oh well.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

As I have pointed out before, this book doesn't even mention the 'faithful slave' once. It's their cornerstone teaching, but for some reason (???) it has been left out.

Guess they finally figured out it's better for people to learn that an 'invisible Jesus' chose them at the turn of the century a good time after they are baptized.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Zico,

You hit the nail on the head - I knew there was something missing from this book and you found it.

they leave all the controversial stuff till the appendix, this probably serves to enable discontinuity of thought by switching the potential dub's attention to the back of the book, and then back to the chapter.

Considering that they released "Organised to do Jehovah's Will" and there is a whole chapter on the Faithful Slave, it makes sense for the cult to leave anything to do with worship of men out of the Bible Teach book.

even the abbreviated title is dumbed down - it irks me whenever I hear anyone refer to this publication as "Bible Teach" - sounds like a book for 5 year olds.

They leave out all the unwritten rules, such as no beards for brothers and no privileges, restrictions on newly reinstated dubs and other stuff.

This is a very good thread and should be used to show interested ones who are studying and come to this foum the deceptive nature of the Watchtower beast.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Drew,

Have you noticed that they don't mention a particular denomination of Christianity (such as Jehovah's Witnesses) when discussing biblical doctrine?

A study could assume that the organization is a loosely organized federation of true Christians all over the world, rather than an organized book publishing and real estate company that steals your soul.

they conveniently leave out any reference to the Society and faithful slave, until they have the potential study hooked on their doctrines.

Once a study is hooked on WT doctrine, events that follow are obvious - study is already brainwashed into believeing that now they have found the truth, they are OBLIGATED to get baptized, share the truth with others and ATTEND ALL THE MEETINGS to please Jehovah.

What makes the situation sad, is that all the dubs studying this book, master the art of recruitment without even realizing they're doing it.

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Awesome observation Zico!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is scary that after just 180 pages of this dumbed down mush, the unwary "bible student" is urged to get baptized. BTW, a old time 'sister' told me recently that she had said something to that effect at her book study ..(Well, I dont supooose she called it what I did, but the thought was the same)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am not to sure what book your talking about but in the scriptures it says when we are baptized we are baptized in the Name of the Father the son and holy spirit. Not the organization of JW's.

It was Jesus's command not mans, not an organization, or anything else.

To change that commision is disobeying Christ's command.

Even when the apostles and disciples baptized people they never took this as their teaching or commision saying that the governing body in Jerusalem commisioned them. They recognized it was a direct command from Chirst. As verse 18 of Matthew 28 it says of Christ, "all authority in heaven and on earh has been given to me".

Not the spirit direction of the WTBTS. No man no nothing. I abhor the baptizmal questions used by the JW's as they are not in accordance with biblical texts. In my opinion they are glorifying a man made organization. They defile God's word in many ways.

In the NWT there are several ommisions changes, and texts left out of Scripture. They were not Biblical scholars like they pretended to be. The NWT committee were just a group of men trying to pass of as biblical scholars. Placing this in their hands was not right. They (GB) were just eager to have a translation that was their own and different from the Bibles that have existed for several centuries. Anyway any organization professing to be the true religion and have committed fornication with the image of the Wild beast can't be trusted under any circumstances.

Thats how I see it IMHO.

Orangefatcat..

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    'Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization'

This really is so deceitful. How can they fail to mention this to prospective jws? They agree to follow the teachings of the organisation when they are baptised. In theory then, the first a new convert hears about this could be as he is sitting there listening to the baptism talk, kind of late in the day to find out what he is letting himself in for.

• Zico
    Zico

orangefatcat,

The book I am talking about is a Society publication that was released at the 2005 Convention, and is called 'What does the bible really teach?' (Of course, it has nothing to do with what the bible actually teaches, but just the JW's interpretation of it)

It is the first book that a Jehovah's Witness is meant to use with an interested study, and it is very deceitful by not discussing a massive doctrine about how they think they are appointed by God and that they are the faithful and discreet slave.

I completely agree with you as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit