Oops, I gave my sister a Demon (twice)

by MeneMene 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

FIRST Demon - - I sent my JW sister an email with some info about WTS. I just got a package in the mail from her. Course she disagreed with all the info but said her computer crashed right after she opened that email and she doesn’t know if it can be fixed. She can’t even get Windows to open. She says - - - Very Weird!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

SECOND Demon - - Not thinking, I gave my sister a book - - One of “The Cat Who . . .” books. The main character is a Siamese cat that has some psychic powers. She said she read the dust cover and noticed the cat has mystic powers so was afraid to take the book in the house. She left it in the car. A day or two later when she got in the car she cranked up and all of a sudden her car radio came on at full blast and scared her to death!! . . . It had never done that before. . . . After that, it would come on by itself at full blast while she was driving down the road and scare her. . . . She said, After that happened a few times she chunked that book out the window and her radio never did that again.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

SECOND Demon - - Not thinking, I gave my sister a book - - One of “The Cat Who . . .” books. The main character is a Siamese cat that has some psychic powers. She said she read the dust cover and noticed the cat has mystic powers so was afraid to take the book in the house. She left it in the car. A day or two later when she got in the car she cranked up and all of a sudden her car radio came on at full blast and scared her to death!! . . . It had never done that before. . . . After that, it would come on by itself at full blast while she was driving down the road and scare her. . . . She said, After that happened a few times she chunked that book out the window and her radio never did that again.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

LOL, reminds me of some of my family :-)

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

LOL That is hilarious!

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

That is really funny. Not sure it's true at all. justahuman - but super nonetheless

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I was an avid comic collector when I was younger and my mom was convinced they were the work of demons. At first the rest of my family was quite sympathetic with her, but after more and more things were classified as "demonised" we eventually gave up.

One night my light is flicked on and I'm woken up, my dad is there looking quite tired.

"Your mother is having issues with demons again, have anything you can give me?"
    I searched and handed him one of my lesser enjoyed comics and he went upstairs and ripped it up and threw it out in front of my mother. She slept fine after that.

My Dad's "cool factor" went up by ten that night.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Funny stuff. People love turning co-incidences into mysterious omens that fit their belief system.

Yesterday, as I sat on a plane returning home (on the airline, Virgin Blue), while reading my new copy of "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, I decided to order a cup of tea.

When the stewardess brought it to me, she told me it was a 'lucky cup', and I won a free item from the menu. (I chose a Mars bar.) And I mused to myself ironically that it was a 'reward' for reading a book about atheism.

Then I turned the page, and the very first line of the next page included the words "virgin in blue" (page 88 if anyone wants to check).

Wooo, spooky.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Jeffro

thats wierd man!!

BTW I hoped you used the Web Checkin or the Kiosk Checkin with Virgin Blue??!! They are cool products!!

Pope

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Knowing my sister, I feel she sincerely believes it was demonic. She suggested that I be careful what I read. . . . . Not too long after I started posting on JWD I would be sitting in bed in the dark watching TV and my ceiling fan and light would both come on. (I mentioned this on an earlier thread.) Creepy! . . . A few days ago an electrician was here checking something else and I told him about it. His first question was "Does it have a remote?" - - Apparently its not uncommon for the remote to do this. I took the battery out to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit