What's the most stupid comment a JW told you?

by JH 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    He said that "there wasn't enough blood in lobster to matter".

It was just a fraction right?

• Soledad
    Soledad

They were all stupid. I think the worst one was when an elder, around 1992, stated that then end will be here in less than 10 years. I'm still waiting.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

After throwing their cat out the door for peeing on the carpet:

"Out there is where the weeping and gnashing of your teeth will be!"

bczar

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

You cannot work in this department if you have a logo on your shirt.

bczar

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    "Out there is where the weeping and gnashing of your teeth will be!"

I said that to a MS once. We were at a bar, got drunk, and got thrown out. I forget why.

W

• carla
    carla

bttt

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

When the elder Self-Righteous approached me some weeks after my wife gave birth to our son and reminded me that as a MS wife she is expect to be examplary in service.

• aarque
    aarque

A MS who told me that "all married women should wear girdles" . I was a good dub and never said what was on the tip of my tongue at the time: why is a married man like you looking at other women like that?

A CO who told a six-year old she was going to die at Armageddon if she couldn't sit still during the meetings.

An elder's wife discussing who had a better chance at being resurrected: President Kennedy or Martin Luther King (she said JFK because MLK was a reverend)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    A CO who told a six-year old she was going to die at Armageddon if she couldn't sit still during the meetings.

Sounds like something one would say. I would blow up at such a comment, write the WTS, demand an apology.
    I let stupid stuff go by me, but not when it affects kids like that.

• Kudra
    Kudra

During the bookstudy (I think it was for the Trinity brochure) our book study conductor said:

B.C. is for "before christ" and A.D. is for "after death"

-My mom had to yank my hand down as I (maybe in 6th grade) said to her "that isn't right..."

btw, the ones about outside is where the weeping and gnashing etc.. are totally hilarious. I am so going to use those.

-K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit